Yarn indicators

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I really like the New Zealand wool indicators. They are very non intrusive and very sensitive. Great for smooth slick water and wary trout. Otherwise I’m liking the oros indicators they are super easy on and off, and tend to hold up a decent amount of weight for their size.
Plus they are easy to double up!

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
Does it end up as a liquid?
Yes, sometimes it starts getting a little thick toward the bottom of a jar so I will top it back off again. Or I squeeze a little lime, salt the rim and drink it. Next time I make a batch I’ll give you a jar to try out.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Yes, sometimes it starts getting a little thick toward the bottom of a jar so I will top it back off again. Or I squeeze a little lime, salt the rim and drink it. Next time I make a batch I’ll give you a jar to try out.
Hot damn! Talk about some rot gut.
I'm thinking I'll try making some with lighter fluid...or putting a little lighter fluid in the one I have that is starting to harden up.

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
White gas and paraffin is an old school one that apparently worked well.

Just gotta be a little cautious while lighting your pipe…
I use Albolene cream. It's cheap and (no joke) it doubles as a hand moisturizer when my skin starts to crawl from being wet all day. I learned about this rom a guide on the Yak.