NFR Xbox X or S vs PS 5

Non-fishing related

flybill

Life of the Party
Yeah, not fishing related, although I wouldn't mind a good fishing game.. more into 1st person shooters, racing and fly simulators, and some strategy games..

Prices are similar, and leaning towards the Xbox S, but curious what others have and why? Would love to have it so I can play against my niece and nephews too!

Rock on!! TIA!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Do you have friends to play with or platform specific games you want? That is usually how I decide. The consoles are all pretty awesome at this point.

flybill

Life of the Party
Do you have friends to play with or platform specific games you want? That is usually how I decide. The consoles are all pretty awesome at this point.
I do have a few people or can.. just looking for opinions.. probably my niece and nephews too start..

Last edited:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
For those types of games, probably PC honestly. I'm a PS5 player for the most part, but don't do shooters n such. Mostly just RPGs. I don't think PS5 is much for shooters, but I don't pay much attention to that. Always knew shooters to be more of a PC thing, which I also assume flight sims would be.

flybill

Life of the Party
For those types of games, probably PC honestly. I'm a PS5 player for the most part, but don't do shooters n such. Mostly just RPGs. I don't think PS5 is much for shooters, but I don't pay much attention to that. Always knew shooters to be more of a PC thing, which I also assume flight sims would be.
I have a great Samsung laptop but don't use it much for gaming.. I could get a desktop but the gaming systems are smaller and better suited for the stuff I like I think..

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I have a great Samsung laptop but don't use it much for gaming.. I could get a desktop but the gaming systems are smaller and better suited for the stuff I like I think..
If you're not caring too much about Playstation exclusive titles, then Xbox might be it then. I know it tends to be more favored for first person shooters and whatnot.

Zak

Legend
I've been playing video games since they were invented. For a long time, I played on PC, but keeping a PC up to date enough to play newly released games is an expensive proposition. Some years ago, I gave up and switched to an Xbox. I have and recommend the Xbox X.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I've been playing video games since they were invented. For a long time, I played on PC, but keeping a PC up to date enough to play newly released games is an expensive proposition. Some years ago, I gave up and switched to an Xbox. I have and recommend the Xbox X.
Xbox vs PS5 really just depends on what games you want to play. They both have exclusives the other doesn't, but in Bill's case I think the Xbox makes more sense. For someone like me that only does single player RPGs, PS5 has way more options.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Xbox vs PS5 really just depends on what games you want to play. They both have exclusives the other doesn't, but in Bill's case I think the Xbox makes more sense. For someone like me that only does single player RPGs, PS5 has way more options.
I pretty much only play single player RPGs. Some with shooter aspects like Fallout and Starfield. I'm pretty excited about Baldur's Gate 3 being ported to Xbox next month!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I pretty much only play single player RPGs. Some with shooter aspects like Fallout and Starfield. I'm pretty excited about Baldur's Gate 3 being ported to Xbox next month!
Yeah, BG3 is definitely in my queue. I'm very much in to Dark Souls and all the related games. That's really where I put most my effort in. That formula becomes very addicting once it clicks .

Zak

Legend
Yeah, BG3 is definitely in my queue. I'm very much in to Dark Souls and all the related games. That's really where I put most my effort in. That formula becomes very addicting once it clicks .
Dark Souls is just plain too hard for me:cry: ;)

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Dark Souls is just plain too hard for me:cry: ;)
I thought the same thing the first many times I tried. Kept coming back to see what all the hype was about. Put it away for like a year and came back and suddenly it clicked.... now it's about ruined other games for me. The challenge is just so incredibly satisfying. Kind of a blessing and a curse because now any melee action game just feels lame by comparison.

But the best one, Bloodborne, is Playstation only. Elden Ring was a pretty close second though.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I have a PS4 and am eyeing a 5 when they get cheaper. I game 5 years behind most of the time. I’ve always enjoyed the PS but I haven’t owned an XBox. I play the Dark Souls games. Red Dead Redemption 2 is my all time favorite game. I don’t think any of my favorite games are PS exclusives. I usually game during winter after dark. It’s better than watching TV most of the time IMO.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I have a PS4 and am eyeing a 5 when they get cheaper. I game 5 years behind most of the time. I’ve always enjoyed the PS but I haven’t owned an XBox. I play the Dark Souls games. Red Dead Redemption 2 is my all time favorite game. I don’t think any of my favorite games are PS exclusives. I usually game during winter after dark. It’s better than watching TV most of the time IMO.
You've played Bloodborne right? Part of the Dark Souls family, PS exclusive. Gooood shit.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
You've played Bloodborne right? Part of the Dark Souls family, PS exclusive. Gooood shit.

I have but I didn’t realize that was an exclusive.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
I exclusively play rocket league, which I’m roughly as proficient at as I am at fly fishing. Which is to say I do a few impressive things in between long bouts of sucking.

So my vote is Xbox.

Zak

Legend
Re Xbox X vs. S, at least two of the games I got this year have way better graphics on the X series. Also, Xbox/Microsoft has a subscription service called Game Play that lets you play most games for free (well, for about $15/month). You probably want a shiny new big 4K TV, too, @flybill !

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Re Xbox X vs. S, at least two of the games I got this year have way better graphics on the X series. Also, Xbox/Microsoft has a subscription service called Game Play that lets you play most games for free (well, for about $15/month). You probably want a shiny new big 4K TV, too, @flybill !
Pretty sure PS5 and Xbox Series X are on the same level of graphics and whatnot. Playstation also has PS+ which is like the Game Pass on Xbox. I've gotten so many good games through that.

I have but I didn’t realize that was an exclusive.
Tried Nioh 2 yet?