WTB: Suzuki Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Looking for a decent Samurai/Sidekick/tracker to turn into my around town/close range outdoor rig. No V6 conversions, crawlers, or ocean side rust buckets please, although I’d look at any of them lol.

Thanks!

JS

Last edited:

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I thought I saw one recently out by the road with a sign in town, I'll drive through today and see if my mind is playing tricks.

Reactions: JS

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
FWIW we had a sidekick for years and it is on the same platform is that helps expand the pool. We mobbed that thing off road.
Word, I should edit it, bc I would take a pre 92 tracker as well as any pre 96 sidekick. Looking for a standard transmission as well, just to make it more of a unicorn hunt 😂

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Jesus that thing went for 17k?! It must have been clean as hell!
I think they've become more collectable over the years. Plus, anything on braingatrailer is going to be overpriced.

ryc72

Freshly Spawned
Not for nothing but didn’t they stop making these things because they were prone to rolling over when making sharp turns at a high enough speed?

Scudley Do Right

Life of the Party
My commuter is an x-90. Same frame as a tracker/sidekick. I've had quite a few people try to buy it while I've been out an about. They are pretty rare but you might want to add them to your search.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I've got a Suzuki sx4, gonna throw some fog lights on it and it should be a decent mpg fishing rig, who needs 4wd really, I got chains, chains also work in mud. I also has the millennial/zoomer anti theft device.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Drove by the auto detail place I thought I saw it, and it's gone, it's been a month or more, so a long shot.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
I've got a Suzuki sx4, gonna throw some fog lights on it and it should be a decent mpg fishing rig, who needs 4wd really, I got chains, chains also work in mud. I also has the millennial/zoomer anti theft device.
I’ve also thought about a SX4, and there are a few around. For me right now it’s what’s my priority of enjoyment driving wise; do I want a zippy little go cart that gets almost 30 mpg or a slow little mountain crawler that I daily drive that gets better mpg than my Tundra.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I bought one in '87 new. Engine crapped out at 50,000. Was a lot of fun, went places where I couldn't take a truck. Mine had a Soft top, a hard tup and a cover that snapped in place to keep the sun off of you.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Being super picky…looking for a manual, and I’m trying hard not to pay over 5k.

Found one up around Granite Falls that fits the bill. Hoping to look at it soon.