With Our Already High Fuel Prices This Is Really Going To Hit The Pocketbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dflett68

Steelhead
I think allot of people weigh in with an opinion on running a business in this state without ever having tried to run one. No knock on them as everybody has a right to an opinion but the view from the foxhole is often different than that of the command tent or for that matter the couch at home.
armchair opinionators aside - the analyst in the command tent and the soldier in the field need each other. picture a soldier attempting to fight a war on the ground alone without intelligence. 98% of small businesses don't survive the 2 year mark. only 1% get past year 5. almost always, this is because of things they don't know that they could have learned from what could be called "the command tent". by the time they learn them the hard way instead, they're out of funding, looking for someone to blame, and their dreams are, well, crushed.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
armchair opinionators aside - the analyst in the command tent and the soldier in the field need each other. picture a soldier attempting to fight a war on the ground alone without intelligence. 98% of small businesses don't survive the 2 year mark. only 1% get past year 5. almost always, this is because of things they don't know that they could have learned from what could be called "the command tent". by the time they learn them the hard way instead, they're out of funding, looking for someone to blame, and their dreams are, well, crushed.
I am an army of 1. Got to year 5 with no formal training, during covid, all DIY. Where's my 🏅 🥈 🎖 🥉 🥇 🏅 🥈 🎖 🥉
I wanna look like a banana republic dictator!

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I hope a largish chunk of space rock smashes into the Earth soon. We’ve become too stupid and sensitive, time to start over.

Edited!
I will of just released a fish, then off to be with granny and a certain dog I hope. :D Lets get it right so the grandkids have a good life too.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I may be able to help out here.
For whatever reason, there are two things that have been impervious to inflation:
#1: Two Tacos at Jack In the Box
View attachment 38098
#2: 24 Oz. Arizona Iced Tea
View attachment 38099

Both of these have been the same price since I was in high school 23 years ago. I don't know how they do it, but the price just doesn't go up on these wonders of the world. So in theory, you could get a full two taco meal plus refreshing beverage for only $2.
Heck, you could splurge and get 4 tacos plus the iced tea and still be at only $3 per meal. Try finding a 1500 calorie meal for that cheap anywhere else. I bet you can't.

This is how you beat inflation and the gas tax. Eat tacos and drink Iced Tea.
What a let down today... I decided to check out the 99 cent deal at Jack In the Box and found out that inflation got to them too.
The twofer deal is now $1.79.:(

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
In Dustin’s illustration, the “command tent”, I think, are the opinions of people who don’t know what they speak of. Or, I completely misunderstood him.

dflett68

Steelhead
In Dustin’s illustration, the “command tent”, I think, are the opinions of people who don’t know what they speak of. Or, I completely misunderstood him.
what i saw was "the command tent or for that matter the couch at home" - and without a doubt there are both, especially on an internet forum. but my real point is that the evidence is clear that most small business entrants also "don't know what they speak of" when it comes to the business side of of running a business - until it is too late. so they aren't necessarily the best judges of who does know.

Status
Not open for further replies.