With Our Already High Fuel Prices This Is Really Going To Hit The Pocketbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Washington has one of the highest state gas tax burdens in the nation at $0.49 a gallon, and it’s set to be in first place in 2023.
That’s when Jay Inslee's additional $0.46 hike comes into effect — nearly doubling the state’s portion of the gas tax.

From what I've read this isn't really a 'gas tax' but call it whatever as it's still a huge increase.🙁

Last edited:

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
What does it cost for a gallon of Regular gas now ? It's under 4 bucks a gallon here in Butte. But it's winter time now and I only go to the store to shop for food and dog food. About 1 mile to Wally World. Not burning a lot of gas by the month until March.

Edit: I answered my own question. Over 4.50 a gallon.

Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Just wait until everybody has a electric car and nobody buying fuel. What will they do for gas taxes then.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What does it cost for a gallon of Regular gas now ? It's under 4 bucks a gallon here in Butte. But it's winter time now and I only go to the store to shop for food and dog food. About 1 mile to Wally World. Not burning a lot of gas by the month until March.

Edit: I answered my own question. Over 4.50 a gallon.
Yesterday it was $4.64 in Spokane, $4.19 in Post Falls, ID, and $3.87 in Haugen, MT.

• Wow
Reactions: JS

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just wait until everybody has a electric car and nobody buying fuel. What will they do for gas taxes then.
Most likely a hefty Road Use Tax.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I just read that Montana hasn't raised gas tax since 1994. and it was a lot cheaper that your state.

RCF

Life of the Party
Have no fear they already have a plan...it's to track us by mile and then charge accordingly. Us being the working class.

By the time that happens I will be in a wheelchair. Now wonders if there will be a wheelchair tax...

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That worked for what? One legislative cycle? It didn't take long for the taxation legislation to figure out workarounds to get more money.........

I'm just waiting for the crack plan that will be funded with this tax will change the climate as this is tied to the climate commitment act.

Shad

Life of the Party
We need cheaper electric cars out there before we try to force people to buy them. Even at today's prices, it takes a lot of gas to make up for the additional cost of an electric vehicle. I guess what I'm saying is they should incentivize; not penalize the people who can't afford $50K vehicles.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
We need cheaper electric cars out there before we try to force people to buy them. Even at today's prices, it takes a lot of gas to make up for the additional cost of an electric vehicle. I guess what I'm saying is they should incentivize; not penalize the people who can't afford $50K vehicles.
It seems to me that a hybrid is a better choice right now - this past summer in Los Angeles, electric vehicle charging with an overloaded grid? How'd that work out on busy days? I see the need for a change, sure, but I just don't see this country being ready. $0.46 a gallon additional tax pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.