Who got fishing toys for Christmas?

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
I found a great deal on a used Raven Matrix centerpin reel that I purchased so that I won’t stress dinging up my Islander. I really need to stop buying fancy reels…

That was my fishing birthday/Xmas gift to myself.
Always remember: "Ya just can't have too many good reels.............or too much dubbing..........". EDIT.......... or, it appears, good socks...:):)

Last edited:

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Got my favorite gift I always ask for and never get! NOTHING :D

Same here. I told all my family that I have stopped observing xmas and would be celebrating the solstice instead and that I did not want anything other than the help of my kids in cooking a nice meal. I asked my wife to make my favorite coconut cake, reverse engineered from my memories of what my grandmother used to make and she killed it. Perfect celebration for me.

Then I went and bought myself a tractor...

Nonose

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Santa did a touch and go off my roof tearing off many shingles now I have to replace it.There goes my Polaris razor

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
The alpacka raft I ordered back around thanksgiving showed up on Christmas eve. That kinda felt like a Christmas present.

What's your plan or the Alpacka? High mountain lakes? Hike in, float out rivers? The latter is my dream. I think it was Salmo that did a trip like that in the Bob? If the latter whats your pack system, something like an expandable frame, like a Terraframe? Sorry for the million questions, a dreaming mind wants to know :)

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
High mountain lakes? Hike in, float out rivers?
Yes!! Both!
Have a couple hike in float out trips in particular that I'm planning on. But yes, I'll probably take it with to a few lakes. Doubt it's good for anything other than trolling when the wind picks up, but probably still fun to paddle around the lakes.

Been eyeing a new pack - honestly, don't know if I need one yet, the box it came in was considerably smaller and lighter than I was expecting. But yeah, something like the mystery ranch or sitka mountain hauler would be what I'd look at if needed.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Yes!! Both!
Have a couple hike in float out trips in particular that I'm planning on. But yes, I'll probably take it with to a few lakes. Doubt it's good for anything other than trolling when the wind picks up, but probably still fun to paddle around the lakes.

Been eyeing a new pack - honestly, don't know if I need one yet, the box it came in was considerably smaller and lighter than I was expecting. But yeah, something like the mystery ranch or sitka mountain hauler would be what I'd look at if needed.

Please let me know how it goes? In particular the hike in, float out rivers. That kinda shit is my dream, but I can honestly only think of 1 or 2 rivers where it’s be worth having one and they’re 7-8 hours away. I’m sure the ones you have in mind are actually closer but I know next to nothing about WA.

Deansie

Steelhead
Junior is finally up to speed on the in’s and out’s of Santa (he’s 12) so have been able to help guide him a bit on how to make the most of Christmas. He has been saving $$ for a new rod and bought the new Scott Wave 7wt yesterday with the help some Xmas $$ he got from relatives. Santa surprised him w/ a matching Lamson Guru reel in complimentary color. He also bought a new line for the reel. To say he’s excited is an understatement!!

Both he and I casted the rod about a month, for those looking, both he and really liked it.

I may have picked up a a Hardy Zane 8wt that was 50% off too…

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I always buy the stuff I need, so I told my wife I was good fishing wise. So, she looked up best gifts for fly fisherman and I ended up with 100+ dollar hatch clippers. My first question was; what, you did not see any reels you thought I might like!?
Something I would never buy but I’ll use now that I have them. Until I fixed my chipped tooth a year ago, I never used used clippers. For the last year, I’ve used $2.99 pharmacy clippers. She also got me another sun hoody. Can never have enough of those.

View attachment 46868

We also did a secret Santa at work. The guy that pulled me bought me a Simms Taco bag. Another thing I would never buy myself. Garbage bags work well enough for travel. I’ll use it now that I have that as well though.

View attachment 46870
Sims Taco Bag…
Excellent way to travel and store the waders, boots, and jacket.
(I used to use a plastic flip top tote)
😉

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Please let me know how it goes? In particular the hike in, float out rivers. That kinda shit is my dream, but I can honestly only think of 1 or 2 rivers where it’s be worth having one and they’re 7-8 hours away. I’m sure the ones you have in mind are actually closer but I know next to nothing about WA.
Yeah, I'll follow up you. I've got a few rivers in mind about 3 hours from me (on the OP) that are gonna be my trial runs.