What's your fishing rig?

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Current rig is a 2013 F150 FX4 5.0 V8 that I got literally a week before the covid shutdown. Only had 34k miles on it. It now has 70k and I could sell it for more than I bought it. The Dodge Eco diesel has tempted me several times, but I like my setup.

The 2013 replaced my old 2000 F150 Supercab Sport 4x2 (never got stuck!) that went 199k miles and then sprung a freeze plug leak...on a trip to the JD! Haha! I made it back alive and sold it for $900 cash to a landscaper dude that fixes up trucks just like mine for their fleet. It was gonna cost me $2500 to fix the $10.68 freeze plug. No thanks. Lots of trips on that one.

The 2013 came with a nice beefy tonneau cover on it that was nice for the Striker.

20200528_153221_HDR.jpg

But I wanted a cap for a few reasons, mostly for camping during fishing trips. I looked for a used paint match canopy for over a year and finally got lucky on a really clean one down in Salem for half the price of new. So now I have a dirtbag chalet.

I keep it simple for easy setup. The plywood and runners can all lay flat in the front & middle of the bed so the Striker still fits no problem. When the raft comes out it takes me about 5 minutes to have it setup to camp. Take down is even quicker. Pretty damn comfy now with the Millard mattress. It won't deflate in the middle of the night like my air mattress did last March opener. :LOL:

20230627_173009 (1).jpg