What's this bug?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
THIS!

If you dont kill every single one of those within 5 miles of your house, you will come home to a pile of sawdust which will also stink like burnt garbage..

View attachment 35182
This is akchewally a thing. No really, when I was a kid we had a really bad gopher problem and blasting them little bastards with the 12 Guage just wasn't keeping up. So after some research we found out you can blast em with gas! What a blast! Oxy acetylene gas tanks strapped to a hand truck. A regulator hooked to the end of a 4 foot copper pipe you stuffed down the hole to fill the tunnels with gas, then we had a bamboo pole with a stun gun, ran wires from the stun gun down to the end of the pole so we could trigger the gas off with the spark from a few feet away. We were working on a pretty serious tunnel complex and left the gas on for a while, touched that thing off... my ears were ringing even with earplugs, the shockwave knocked all the air out of my chest, I has dirt and grass stuck all over me. The neighbors 1/4 mile away drove over, evidently it shook their windows. Good times.
download.gif

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
This is akchewally a thing. No really, when I was a kid we had a really bad gopher problem and blasting them little bastards with the 12 Guage just wasn't keeping up. So after some research we found out you can blast em with gas! What a blast! Oxy acetylene gas tanks strapped to a hand truck. A regulator hooked to the end of a 4 foot copper pipe you stuffed down the hole to fill the tunnels with gas, then we had a bamboo pole with a stun gun, ran wires from the stun gun down to the end of the pole so we could trigger the gas off with the spark from a few feet away. We were working on a pretty serious tunnel complex and left the gas on for a while, touched that thing off... my ears were ringing even with earplugs, the shockwave knocked all the air out of my chest, I has dirt and grass stuck all over me. The neighbors 1/4 mile away drove over, evidently it shook their windows. Good times.
View attachment 35314

Friend manages a tree farm, and they swear by their Rodenator.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
View attachment 35314
giphy-42.gif

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Little bastards keep trying to get in out of the cold. Doubt they expected this though. Takes the spider a while, but it gets them. 20221204_092117.jpg

Attachments

• 20221204_092059.jpg
    20221204_092059.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 7