What's in your vise?

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Do you have any small drill bits that you could use to ream out the hole?
I have thought drill or dremel. Probably just use these up on hooks they fit and try one of the other brands mentioned.

Cowlitz Bottomfeeder

Life of the Party
Spring BWO

Directionally stack the fibers, split thread dub method by inserting the fiber horizontally, dub with rearward strokes after each wrap, tie off and then fluff fibers outward, pinch pull to trim to desired thickness (or use scissors to trim) to give it a natural peacock herl look.
Good tip, thanks!

Zoran

Steelhead
Firehole Sticks 320 size 20
Synbai flat green wire
glass bead

Thanks to Pat Dorsey!

IMG-6521.jpg
IMG-6522.jpg
IMG-6523.jpg
IMG-6524.jpg

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Spring BWO

Hook: TMC 3769
Tail: pheasant tail
Rib: small gold wire
Abdomen: Vevus body quill
Thorax: olive ice dub

If anyone knows how to tighten the ice dub on the thorax, I would appreciate the advice. I’m using a dubbing loop with 8/0 thread.

View attachment 104781
One suggestion I saw from fly fish food is to get some dub on the thread. Then make a dubbing loop and you can spin it nice and tight. This is a slightly different technique than a regular dubbing loop but I tried this a few times and liked it, felt faster but with good results as a typical dubbing loop. They showed this in one of their skill builder videos.

Nice looking bug tho

Last edited:

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Tried Finluver’s suggestion and it worked. Switched to Peacock Ice Dubbing which looks better. Guess I could trim a few stray hairs.

Spring BWO
Hook: TMC 3769 #16
Tail: pheasant tail
Rib: small gold wire
Abdomen: Vevus body quill
Thorax: peacock ice dub

View attachment 104952
Nice work…glad it worked.
I like to leave some of the stragglers on the sides…kinda acts like legs (with a bit of movement).