What's in your vise?

SpeyrodGB

Steelhead
Well, I can't compete with the fashion side of things like I'm seeing on here recently, so I'm going for function alone with zero fashion.

I seem to keep getting my nayat steelhead flash strippers right at 4", so I guess I'm fishin' 4" next time out. Basically just looking for the same jerk bait type action I shoot for with most of my smallie baitfish patterns....This basic style has been tried and true in that regard.

View attachment 102623

View attachment 102622
Just curious how nayat is to work with. I have been thinking about using it for some trout streamers.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Sz8 w/ 3.8mm bead knuckle dragging straggle stone, skwala dress. I do like these FM5045 hooks, I'm pretty sure my ties on the standard hooks will be hooked to a sunken branch before long.
20240209_050554.jpg20240209_050503.jpg

Last edited:

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Adams-Female-1080.jpg

Adams - Female

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well, I can't compete with the fashion side of things like I'm seeing on here recently, so I'm going for function alone with zero fashion.

I seem to keep getting my nayat steelhead flash strippers right at 4", so I guess I'm fishin' 4" next time out. Basically just looking for the same jerk bait type action I shoot for with most of my smallie baitfish patterns....This basic style has been tried and true in that regard.

View attachment 102623

View attachment 102622
Those are sweet - as usual @clarkman
Do you put a floaty in all of this style or just some?