What's in your vise?

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You’re definitely fishing a different part of the water column than I am. I’m near the top with an intermediate line. It’s an opportunity for me to get a steelhead with a single hand 6 wt. and a floating line. I’m never quite happy with the shade of orange dubbing but the fish keep eating it.

And for a different species, which is not anadromous. You could tie them without a bead? The cutthroat seem to really like that Mop Chenille during October Caddis season, maybe the Steelhead would to!

Scottp

Legend
Six Pack Softhackle (variation)

53461787951_00ce997f4f_c.jpg

53461787946_941189dce4_c.jpg

53462200710_1c2d54e735_c.jpg

A variation on the Carey Special; dyed yellow, the pheasant feathers take on an olive tone to imitate damselfly nymphs. Tip-tied and wrapped the tail; the aftershaft collar adds a bit of bugginess. Here’s a nice video if you’re interested.

hook - WFC Model 6 #8
thread - Uni 8/0 light olive
tail - pheasant rump dyed yellow (1 Tsp Rit Lemon Yellow, 1 Tsp Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water)
rib - small wire hot yellow
body - pheasant rump dyed yellow
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed yellow
collar - pheasant aftershaft dyed yellow

Regards,
Scott

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Six Pack Softhackle (variation)

53461787951_00ce997f4f_c.jpg

53461787946_941189dce4_c.jpg

53462200710_1c2d54e735_c.jpg

A variation on the Carey Special; dyed yellow, the pheasant feathers take on an olive tone to imitate damselfly nymphs. Tip-tied and wrapped the tail; the aftershaft collar adds a bit of bugginess. Here’s a nice video if you’re interested.

hook - WFC Model 6 #8
thread - Uni 8/0 light olive
tail - pheasant rump dyed yellow (1 Tsp Rit Lemon Yellow, 1 Tsp Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water)
rib - small wire hot yellow
body - pheasant rump dyed yellow
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed yellow
collar - pheasant aftershaft dyed yellow

Regards,
Scott
What a great fly this can be, sure brings back memories. Beda Lake: Thread Drifting a bit but a Six Pack knotted onto long 2X leader married to an intermediate line caught fish after fish. At about the 40th fish I reeled up, rowed ashore and went home. Thanks for sharing, Scott