Louis Melanson

Hook - Single salmon
Thread - Red
Tail - Red hackle fibers
Tag - Oval silver tinsel, fl\red floss
Rib - Silver tinsel
Body - Black floss
Throat - Pink krystal flash and white polar bear
Wing - Blue grey squirrel tail, under 6 strands black krystal flash, under black squirrel tail

Fly Patterns of Canada - Paul C Marriner

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Replenishing the albacore box with some fast and dirty offerings.... including the reboot of the big Seahawks fly.
View attachment 71867
That color combo of black and blue with some green was a top producer last year. So of course that’s what I’ll tie and start with this year and most likely that means the hot color combo will be something different.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
That color combo of black and blue with some green was a top producer last year. So of course that’s what I’ll tie and start with this year and most likely that means the hot color combo will be something different.
It was the hot color for everything in Baja too ...did way better than the more natural muted colors.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Learning how to, and messing around with variations of the whitlock waking minnow that another member posted on here a few days ago.

First one, tied the head hair on wrong. Left butts exposed. otherwise it would have been the best.
Second one, tried a craft fur minnow, head was alot smaller.
Third one, just jumbled up a bunch of stuff for fun

20230708_140951.jpg20230708_141012.jpg20230708_140923.jpg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Learning how to, and messing around with variations of the whitlock waking minnow that another member posted on here a few days ago.

First one, tied the head hair on wrong. Left butts exposed. otherwise it would have been the best.
Second one, tried a craft fur minnow, head was alot smaller.
Third one, just jumbled up a bunch of stuff for fun

View attachment 72037View attachment 72038View attachment 72039
Best advice I can give you (whatever that's worth...😆), Is that regardless of how it looks to your eye, fish it....see what the fish think. Honestly, my best smallie fly looks like shit (to me), but flat out works because of the action I can get out it both by what's underneath and how I manipulate it with my retrieve.

I think those look great but you'll have a better sense once you get out and fish them.

It should be noted that this mostly applies to streamers and other flies that you're more actively fishing vs. bonking a fish in the face thirty times with your euro rod just to get it to eat....😆

Scottp

Legend
Stillwater Nymph (variation)

53033634521_06c6a6e97c_c.jpg

53034115643_9c535c7845_c.jpg

53034029110_5e64ec4381_c.jpg

Similar to a variation of Denny Rickard’s pattern I tied a while back.

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 fire orange
tail - golden pheasant neck feather
rib - small wire gold
body - Starburst dubbing olive
body hackle - olive/hot orange
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed olive
collar - aftershaft dyed olive

Regards,
Scott

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
These in sz. 12 might resemble some of the stuff I've seen in the streams recently, we'll see what the fish think.
20230709_114728.jpg

Last edited: