What's in your vise?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
A floating dragon fly that is a sort of cross between Phil Rowley's Drag Queen and the deer hair dragon that has fished well for me in the last year or so.View attachment 59532View attachment 59531
Hook: Daiichi 1730 #6
Eyes: 1/4 or 3/16" balcxk foam cylinder
Underbody: 2 MM foam- tied down tight in front and back and semi-loose over the rest of the foam to maintain buoyancy. Superglue is helpful on the bottom of the fly
Body: complex twist of olive tri-lobal chennile and dark olive simseal. Spin together two tight wraps in the back and wrap forward, but not so tight the the foamm is crushed. Two tight wraps in front of the foam as well.
Legs: Black barred olive sexifloss
Throat. Olive simiseal or hares ear
Like a dragon booby (y)

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Pink-Lady-1080.jpg

Pink Lady

Steelhead

Tail - Red bucktail
Ribbing - Flat silver tinsel
Body - Fluorescent pink chenille
Hackle - Fluorescent red tied down as a beard
Wing - Red bucktail

Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies - Trey Combs

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've never heard that about the Wood Special. The Alexandra comes to mind as a fly which was allegedly banned in England because it was so effective.
My mistake, twice over. I was thinking of Dave Goulet's Moby Dick fly. But it was never banned. The guy who taught it to me probably said something like "it outta be illegal" and I changed it around in my mind.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Quinsam_Hackle_1080.jpg

Quinsam Hackle

Steelhead

Brigadier General Noel Money

Tag - Yellow floss

Body - Black wool ribbed with gold tinsel. Palmer the front half with yellow hackle

Hackle - Claret or red

Sometimes called the "Shrimp Fly"

Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies - Trey Combs

tkww

Steelhead
A floating dragon fly that is a sort of cross between Phil Rowley's Drag Queen and the deer hair dragon that has fished well for me in the last year or so.View attachment 59532View attachment 59531
Hook: Daiichi 1730 #6
Eyes: 1/4 or 3/16" black foam cylinder
Underbody: 2 MM foam- tied down tight in front and back and semi-loose over the rest of the foam to maintain buoyancy. Superglue is helpful on the bottom of the fly
Body: complex twist of olive tri-lobal chennile and dark olive simseal. Spin together two tight wraps in the back and wrap forward, but not so tight the the foam is crushed. Two tight wraps in front of the foam as well.
Legs: Black barred olive sexifloss
Throat. Olive simiseal or hares ear
Do you have problems with it spinning on the retrieve?