What's Catching You Fish?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Yup. Works.

274084B6-2324-4CC4-A0BA-E14E6C6036AD.jpeg

A fish (not this one) almost beached itself coming for this fly as I retrieved it to cast again. Didn’t see the follow, but saw the fish splash in an inch of water as it turned, as I picked the fly up away from it; flopped the fly out there and boom, immediate hookup.
This one here was 22” and fat.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Hit a western Washington lake with @Kfish today. First time I have fished a lake since June/July timeframe. We fished for about 5 hours. Pretty slow fishing but we managed to land some fish and ldr’d some others. Not bad considering I woke up and checked my weather app at 2:00 am and the area was getting dumped on with 30+ mile an hour winds and gusts up to 50 mph. Luckily, by daybreak it had calmed a bit and we were able to take advantage of the window.

These flies hooked fish. The top was the top producer for me.

IMG_3698.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3678.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg
IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
The little simiseal and grouse caddis I posted when I got frustrated weaving was the hot fly today.
20231206_simisealcaddis.jpg
20231206_ssbhfish.jpg
And I'm glad I'm still working on the weave technique, several fish liked the woven stone I tied this morning.
20231206_wovenstone.jpg
20231206_wovenstonefish.jpg

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Back at it again today with @jasmillo hoping to get into some browns. Taking a page out of @Wanative and @Stonedfish play book I fished a black WB, we did manage to get a brown each along with some bows. Had to call it when the wind and rain got strong enough to push us towards the launch with anchor dragging behind :)
View attachment 94252

View attachment 94253

I’m just glad when the wind picked up, it was blowing towards the launch. That would have been a bit of an arduous row back otherwise :). Lou got the fish of the morning with his nice brown. A couple of decent bows a brown and a couple dinks for me. These flies caught fish though black was definitely the hot color.

IMG_3741.jpeg

IMG_3740.jpeg

IMG_3737.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

IMG_3739.jpeg

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
I wonder if the fish see a stone fly in the bead head soft hackle gold ribbed hares ear?
20231216_hefish2.jpg20231216_bingo.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
I'm excited (as well as manic right now:). I learned something new. The green wool and olive/brown hares ear rock worm I posted was as good as the go to's today. Think I'll swap out the silver rib for some chameleon or yellow stren, and add a bit more weight, but I like it. Didn't like that old dai-riki hook with a fast action rod, some issues staying hooked up. I've seen several video's of flies I'd like to try, and I think this will be worth a row or two in the box. Seemed like it really had to be down to work. It got the first eat today.
20231218_grnrwfish1.jpg

Last edited: