What vise to buy

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I have a Renzetti Traveler and a Stonfo Transformer. I enjoy them both but have grown to love the Transformer for its versatility. The different heads for streamers, tube flies, etc is great. The quality is fantastic.

However……… the base it comes with is dog shit. Horrible. Plastic and way too light. I tried all the workarounds like filling the hollow plastic base with bb’s, etc. but nothing really made the base worth it. Furthermore, it is not compatible with most aftermarket bases like the CEtech because of the stem used. In the end, I found a great alternative in the form of a marble tile and some foam board that has worked really well. That said, for the cost, the base is a big bummer. I wish they would make a change there.

F048C600-2435-4022-AD9C-6D2A89C1A880.jpeg

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I have a Renzetti Traveler and a Stonfo Transformer. I enjoy them both but have grown to love the Transformer for its versatility. The different heads for streamers, tube flies, etc is great. The quality is fantastic.

However……… the base it comes with is dog shit. Horrible. Plastic and way too light. I tried all the workarounds like filling the hollow plastic base with bb’s, etc. but nothing really made the base worth it. Furthermore, it is not compatible with most aftermarket bases like the CEtech because of the stem used. In the end, I found a great alternative in the form of a marble tile and some foam board that has worked really well. That said, for the cost, the base is a big bummer. I wish they would make a change there.

Yeah the base was my only complaint about that vise. It's crazy that for the cost of that vise they couldn't come up with something better. And why they don't use the standard sized stem is just beyond me.

ABITNF

Steelhead
Montana Mongoose. Holds hooks well and easily adjusts for size. Comes with a base and C clamp, bobbin, hackle/hook guage, threader, material clip, all in a hard case so you can take it on the road.

I broke a part on my old Griffin 3ARP. Called them and had the part within a week and they didn't charge me a nickel.