NFR What I’m Drinking. What I’m Thinking.

Non-fishing related

kerrys

Ignored Member
Daybreak Blend from Fidalgo Coffee Roasters.
After dealing with the animals the first thing I did this morning was check the thread on Old Man.
Looking at what needs to be done in the yard. Morning weather here is starting out sunny.

Mukman

Life of the Party
Manhattans last night, decaf (getting old) this morning. Looking at the sun on the river and thinking I should go for a paddle, but figuring I better go finish up my tax return instead. Dark, dark thoughts accompany me.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Water last evening, coffee in this morning (wishing I had a stiff drink or two last night but quit 29 days ago)

Trying to not think of anything ---> stress reduction (been a hell of a week)

Best of luck moving forward, regardless oof the reason.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
House Blend coffee from Olympic Roasters this morning. Costco box red wine last night with dinner. Mrs. Salmo is away, so I'm baching it. I made spaghetti sauce on Saturday, so it was left overs last night and will be again tonight. So more red wine. Unlike Jojo's husband, I know that more expensive wine is usually better. The value problem for me is that $20 wine is far less than twice as good as $10 wine. And $40 wine is only a tiny increment better than $20 wine. I like wine, so I drink a lot of box wine. But Jojo, if you and Brian come over to visit, I promise to open a couple bottles of good wine. I keep a fair amount of that on hand too.

I'm thinking about how I'm not as close to being finished packing as I thought I would be. I've got to get a couple more things from the store for my backpacking food supply. I'm leaving tomorrow for Escalante, Utah to do some hiking. Maybe packrafting too, if there's enough water. I would have finished packing yesterday, but I had to go visit a friend to have him show me how to send a text message via my new Garmin Inreach mini 2. I got it paired with my phone, but the instructions are pretty bad for someone like me, who is not a techie geek. I did get Onx and have maps loaded on my phone, so that's cool. Sometimes outdoor stores don't have the topographic quads for the areas I want to hike, but now I have computer access to all of North America. That should last the rest of my life.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Water last evening, coffee in this morning (wishing I had a stiff drink or two last night but quit 29 days ago)

Trying to not think of anything ---> stress reduction (been a hell of a week)
It gets easier. If you've got 29 days under your belt, then you've got this.

The only "AA coin" I ever kept and carry with me is the 24 hour one. I always told myself if you can quit for a day you can quit forever.

andy

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
It gets easier. If you've got 29 days under your belt, then you've got this.

The only "AA coin" I ever kept and carry with me is the 24 hour one. I always told myself if you can quit for a day you can quit forever.

andy

... I can always drink tomorrow, but I will not drink today!!!

Cheers

Reactions: RCF

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have been up for a few hours now. Enjoyed my local Olympia dancing goats coffee (@Salmo_g its better than Olympia coffee roasters) and thinking about work. Virtual server migrations, outage meetings. I ate a bunch of dried apricots last night before bed so have been visiting the bathroom all morning. Im thinking its time for another trip.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Being as mornings are for coffee and contemplation, I'm sipping my coffee and contemplating Old Man as the noob fisherman in heaven. Asking around, looking for spots until God shoves "Elysium Atlas and Gazeteer" into his hands and tells him to string up and get exploring.

"I'd go with you myself," said God, "but these damn shakes make it so hard to tie on a fly. Forget a #18, anything above a 12 and theres no chance. Usually I just tie on at the house, and I know where the fish live and what they eat so I dont have to guess around."

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Last night was thinking of my friend Gary, aka 'Gaz', a hella good friend that I met at the beach after moving to OR in 2006. Gaz had bailed from South Africa to avoid conscription during apartheid, travelled the world, and then settled down here in the PNW. We surfed and fished whole bunch together, rowed him down coastal rivers, trolled our fave rivermouth on my power skiff, all the while pontificating about life, society and politics with a heavy tilt towards humor.
And then Gary started getting headaches, and was dead 6 months later at the age of 62 from an evil brain cancer that ate through his brain like termites through pine. That was three years ago and I still miss him. When his ashes were paddled out into the ocean, over a 100 surfers from three states travelled to his beloved home town of Pacific City to send him off.
Here's a pic of Gaz holding a late run fall King he caught on 10#. It was the beginning of steelhead season, he wanted to try out a new setup, so I rowed him down our fave river while Gaz drifted a chunk of something under a bobber while we just pontificated as usual.
"uh, Gaz, your bobber just went down, might want to set that hook"
gaz2.JPG

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Geologist. That's what I should have been.

Currently recovering from too many days of steelhead fishing.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Oh. I was quoting Good Will Hunting. Please do not slay anybody. I think that we may have just ruined JoJo's thread.
I was drinking lukewarm tap water still thinking about the sequel to Good Will Hunting... it involves Will moving to California chasing Skyler, but getting bored without his Southie friends, finds a group of guys doing demo and starts palling around with them when he is not solving math equations as a night janitor in the halls of Caltech. Skyler soon dumps him because one of her Stanford Med buddies suggests Will is in fact a living ChatGPT bot engineered by grad students at MIT waaaaay before AI went mainstream. So new Will Hunting is basically West coast exactly the same as he was back in Boston, but no Skylar. Cut to demo job where a cinder block thrown at him as a joke by his new moron friends cuts his arm open, and underneath it all, there is machinery, Skyler's boyfriend was right, Will Hunting is a sentient robot being, hence his regurg of "Gordon Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth."

Good think/g I wasn't drinking anything stronger than lukewarm tap water

because if I was, that busting open of his arm and realization that he is a robot capable of revenge tees up the title....

Bad Will Hunting

Last edited:

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Coffee this morning, Belgian blonde ale this afternoon.
Trying to decide where I can fish, all the rivers here are blown, lakes full of debris and mud.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
I was drinking lukewarm tap water still think the sequel to good Will Hunting involves Will moving to California chasing Skyler, but getting bored without his Southie friends, finds a group of guys doing demo and starts palling around with them when he is not solving math equations as a night janitor in the halls of Caltech. Skyler soon dumps him because one of her Stanford Med buddies suggests Will is fact a living ChatGPT bot engineered by grad students at MIT waaaaay before AI went mainstream. So new Will Hunting is basically West coast exactly the same as he was back in Boston, but no Skylar. Cut to demo job where a cinder block thrown at him as a joke by his new moron friends cuts his arm open, and underneath it all, there is machinery, Skyler's boyfriend was right, Will Hunting is a sentient robot being, hence his regurg of "Gordon Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth."

Do you do that each morning for your bowels? Suppose to be really good for you

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
I guess as a matter of fact yes, GERD was getting me down, so went full bland.

It is sorta fun to offer your SO "Honey, would you like some lukewarm tap water? It's no problem, I'm right here getting some for myself...." with a straight face and very gracious tone, just to see what happens.

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter

Supposedly at night also good for the ole prostate. Some popular lore about drinking warm water:

Drink up and cheers

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Will say that I picked up a habit in Nepal from the great Sherpa people of the Khumbu region. For breaks, they gave us warm to hot lemonade. That took a second to get used to, then it became a staple of mine whenever in the mountains, or just a kick of something other than water.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Coffee, black, in a go cup.
Wondering if I can get by without dividing my Iris one more year, or if I should suck it up and knock it out while the ground is soft and temps nice and cool.
:)

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I would have finished packing yesterday, but I had to go visit a friend to have him show me how to send a text message via my new Garmin Inreach mini 2. I got it paired with my phone, but the instructions are pretty bad for someone like me, who is not a techie geek.
Can confirm the instructions leave a lot to be desired. Have you tried using the app (Garmin Messenger)?
I got as far as you did (just got one last month) and a buddy told me to get the app, which I've done - but haven't gotten back to try testing it out.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I was drinking lukewarm tap water still thinking about the sequel to Good Will Hunting... it involves Will moving to California chasing Skyler, but getting bored without his Southie friends, finds a group of guys doing demo and starts palling around with them when he is not solving math equations as a night janitor in the halls of Caltech. Skyler soon dumps him because one of her Stanford Med buddies suggests Will is in fact a living ChatGPT bot engineered by grad students at MIT waaaaay before AI went mainstream. So new Will Hunting is basically West coast exactly the same as he was back in Boston, but no Skylar. Cut to demo job where a cinder block thrown at him as a joke by his new moron friends cuts his arm open, and underneath it all, there is machinery, Skyler's boyfriend was right, Will Hunting is a sentient robot being, hence his regurg of "Gordon Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth."

because if I was, that busting open of his arm and realization that he is a robot capable of revenge tees up the title....

Bad Will Hunting
We all know Skyler moved to New Mexico and married Walter White..