What does "8066" designate?

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I've been working on repairing this two tip rod and have been curious what "8066" designates, it's marked on all four pieces (two tips, three section rod). Initially I thought it referred to the length and weight of the rod. Each of the three sections is 38.5" long which makes this rod closer to 9'-5" (I haven't physically measured it assembled). What am I overlooking?
DSCF2606.JPG

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Okay, that makes sense. Too bad there's no decal or anything to indicate who/where the rod is from.
It's attractive cane, hopefully it cleans up the way you want. Then you can try a few lines and see if it suits your fancy regardless of brand.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
It's attractive cane, hopefully it cleans up the way you want. Then you can try a few lines and see if it suits your fancy regardless of brand.
I'm an amatuer when it comes to wrapping a rod, even so, the rod looks a lot better now. I stripped off the guides and their winding thread then carefully sanded each flat with 600 grit sandpaper, only to scuff the finish and remove varnish buildup. I added one coat of True Oil and rewrapped all the guides in place with "garnet" colored thread. I have one more coat of finish to apply to the thread and then I'm done. No lining it for me, it goes back to Ellensburg and to the owner as a gift to the owner's young nephew.