What are you listening to?

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Great lp from a lost in music . Chuck Prophet of Green on Red plays guitar on this lp and produced it and that is why I bought it in the early 90’s.

klq@stl

Steelhead
I've been listening to some old Wayne Shorter since hearing of his passing a couple days ago. I first came to appreciate him from his playing with Miles Davis, and especially with Weather Report, but I think my favorite Wayne Shorter album was "Native Dancer." It introduced me to Milton Nascimento and that led me into the wonderful world of Brazilian jazz, Samba, Bossa Nova, and much, much more.

Loved this song so much I bought the album: Heavy Weather

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
This was during the 2020 lockdown in Italy.
There’s just something about the sax that captivates me. This is pretty good, but I’m still waiting to hear a sax player who equals an “unknown” (?) Black street musician who my girlfriend and I heard in San Fransisco in 1976. If anyone knows who that might have been, it would be great to know.

Was the street musician playing an Alto? If it was an Alto, perhaps the musician you heard was Sonny Simmons.

SculpinSwinger

Grey Ghost
Forum Supporter
Coming to the Portland Waterfront Blues Festival July 1 for his "Damn Right Farewell Tour", Buddy Guy.

Haven’t attended the waterfront blues fest since the Bluebinos/Big Monty were still a fixture. Buddy Guy is a professional showman as well as guitar legend. Worth seeing

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Haven’t attended the waterfront blues fest since the Bluebinos/Big Monty were still a fixture. Buddy Guy is a professional showman as well as guitar legend. Worth seeing
I have some of his discs All signed. Keep up with him on social media diring covid he as well as so many musicians played live online quite often. Al DiMeola , monty almonson and Michelle Malone were a few i regularly watched.