We got these Zebras coming in....

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
And you thought that re-introducing grizzly bears and wolves would be issues. Wait until the lion prides, leopards, and hyena packs are common. And the presence of Nile crocodiles will add a novel element of risk to wet wading... Of course, the real problem will be hippos which kill more people in Africa than any other wild animal.
Steve

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
And you thought that re-introducing grizzly bears and wolves would be issues. Wait until the lion prides, leopards, and hyena packs are common. And the presence of Nile crocodiles will add a novel element of risk to wet wading... Of course, the real problem will be hippos which kill more people in Africa than any other wild animal.
Steve
"Grizzly Bear survival models for reintroduction into the Cascade Range were found to be most successful if unintentional Zebra introduction occurred..."

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Will gladly take these over the mollusk variety.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
This is what happens if you don’t eradicate them at the midge stage of their lifecycle.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Steve
I mean, in theory, they could have been Native considering we were once one great continent—Pangea

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Zebras.jpg
In order to better its chances for survival, the zebra doesn’t need to blend in with the landscape, just with the herd. Predators won’t attack a whole herd, see. As long as a zebra matches the herd, and doesn’t stray away and call attention to itself, it’s relatively safe.
- Paul Matthews

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
Steve
Snoqualmie Crocodiles?

Beware on the middle fork.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Stones I owe you an apology, I didn't see your post on the grizz thread about the Zebras till later in the day yesterday! I know you probably don't care, on the other hand who doesn't love Ungulate themed thread drift....

As an apology, I came up with a legitimately bad idea. Specifically if you take some wet magic sponges and swiped bands clean, each band about 10 inches apart over your Rig, you'd get a mildew alternating with white zebra effect that in effect makes your rig invisible and lets you sneak to the front of the ferry line with no one noticing. You're welcome!

PLus, as we wind down this wet season, by the time the next wet arrives, the microsponge's microabrasions will have basically made your "paint" way more hospitable to next season's mildew growth. That now microabraded paint should, if you are lucky, host a more verdant green than the preserved bands either side, the old bands representing 1998-2024. You might even have enough of a footing for actual moss growth!