We got these cicadas coming...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
That's crazy. I remember every year growing up in Texas and how loud those things were....some years had more than other years but it was just crazy.

I don't have any patterns, so if anyone wants to send me some, I'm game! :LOL:

RCF

Life of the Party
That's crazy. I remember every year growing up in Texas and how loud those things were....some years had more than other years but it was just crazy.
Same here except I was in Alabama. Flying Buzz Bombs !!!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
The article left out the most important information. Which trout streams are in the range of the cicadaocolypse? The one time I fished Utah's Green River there was a cicada hatch. It was so cool to see large brown trout come to the surface and eat those large bugs. Kind of like the eats by larger brown and rainbow on rivers that have a salmon fly hatch.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Ahhh, an eastern event, sorry about that folks.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
poor bastards having to drive though it...hit a thick cloud of Pandora moths one time outside of Diamond Lake that absolutely splattered my Tahoe, took a power wash to get the goo off.

Sturubu

Smolt
I remember summers in S TX when you could barely carry on a conversation outdoors. My dad and I used to sit in the back yard in lawn chairs and pick cicadas out of the tree with old Daisy spring-action BB guns. I trained my one and only retriever (really a rat terrier mutt) on cicadas one summer. She learned that more often than not, when I'd point a gun and shoot, something tasty would fall from the sky. That year was the best dove season I ever had!

JudyM

Steelhead
Was watching a YouTube originating out of Sydney, Australia. Yes, Australia has them and they are loud!