Watch out in the blues, bear hunter shot.

HOG

GOTY’s mum’s favorite ghillie
Mate’s buddy got blasted by a 2 legged animal, after he got a 4 legged animal. Pretty fucked situation, I’m staying out of skyline this season. What a beautiful world we live in.

Went between his lower leg bones, missed the tendon, tourniquet saved his life.

60D0BD9E-65C3-410A-93E7-52CA22FB9BF3.jpeg

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Absolutely ridiculous is an understatement. I hope they get the shooter. I have no words after this report.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Holly shit. I've surveyed every inch of that area and it's a nasty bitch, full of pucker brush, hawthorn and just thick. My moneys on poacher who just shot on movement and didn't see what he was shooting at.
That's actually just up by the blue creek fire station near walla walla, one of our members has a place up there I believe. Skyline can be unwelcoming too, as I surveyor I had weapons pointed at me several times by the land owners up there. Now they let me come fish! Rural columbia county is a different world.
stocks.jpg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
What in the actual fuck?

I hope they get that fucker.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Sad....nothing new. I've known several hunters shot during a hunt...sometimes by members of their own hunting party. A lot of people simply shouldn't be trusted with firearms.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
I heard that the perp was heard acknowledging they might have actually hit a human being. Just hearsay, but it’s insanely fucked if true.

Makes me glad I’m kind of devoting my life to buying some hunting land with my brother. Public land hunting in WA has gotten harder and harder to justify all the time.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I heard that the perp was heard acknowledging they might have actually hit a human being. Just hearsay, but it’s insanely fucked if true.
This would indicate that someone knows who this guy is. So who is it? Maybe you need to send the cops to your source?

JS

Mankie Old Chum
This would indicate that someone knows who this guy is. So who is it? Maybe you need to send the cops to your source?
I think it’s already being looked into. My old man teaches hunters ed down here and heard the start from someone who knows the victim.

Reactions: HOG

JS

Mankie Old Chum
From what I understand, there were at least two involved on the victims side, and one heard voices above them indicate that the shooter knew they had hit a human.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
From what I understand, there were at least two involved on the victims side, and one heard voices above them indicate that the shooter knew they had hit a human.
Ahh...

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Hope they catch him. Glad it wasn't fatal. This is how I lost my father, when I was 3. I was too young so I never knew very much about it and my mother wouldn't speak of it. Wishing the victim well.

Last edited:

NukeLDO

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Used to go for walks up there through the Blue Mountain archery range when it wasn't in use, or up Klicker Mtn Rd, all of which are within walking distance from my house. We don't do that anymore. Constant parade of hunters parking at the fire station and headed up through the back side of the archery range, and I can tell you some stories about how they handle their firearms while gearing up and gearing down. Simply not worth it, even in hunter orange.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
If in fact, proven guilty, they aught to just nail his hide to the wall...

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I started hunting with my Dad around 1966. I used to really look forward to going every year, but this is one of the reasons I've rarely done it in the last forty years or so... A lot of incapable misfits running around in the woods. It's beyond sad.