Warm spring weather is coming! What are your fishing plans?

Hobbyranch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It is looking like we've got at least a couple weeks of warmer mostly sunny weather ahead. Yeah, we're a little early for a lot of fisheries. But there are still opportunities out there.

Who has some fishing (or fishing related) plans for the stretch of nice weather?
Explore some new Stillwater territory.

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Making up for the steelheading I didn’t have time for over winter, hopefully heading down to the OP over Spring break, and making a few weekend trips up to the Sauk afterwards. Definitely want to hit the Yak for the first time too. On the gear only front, I’m hoping to enjoy Blackmouth while it lasts. I have a goal to catch at least one this season mooching or jigging.

Last edited:

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Sneak off with Albulas brother while he's gone and chase fish in low clear water with bright sun. Should have our midget expert rope holder too.
Should the weather prove to be too warm, dry, sunny and pleasant for proper OP camping you and the Dwart are welcome to take refuge at the house with Mark during my absence.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Found something to do in the better weather. I pinched the barb on his worm hook. Quite a face when he misses a hookset and the bobber pops back up. Had the fly rod but just a hair breezy yet.
20240313_140956.jpg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Planning to nail some cutties on BC rivers as they go after those salmon fry.
I really need to get back up there more. Haven't been in a long while.
Found something to do in the better weather. I pinched the barb on his worm hook. Quite a face when he misses a hookset and the bobber pops back up. Had the fly rod but just a hair breezy yet.
LOVE IT

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I mean, it's starting to be for me. I really love bass fishing. Something I wouldn't have said a few years back I don't think.

It's a hot mess when the bite is on.

Just a blast to take the grandkid.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Sadly this warm weekend, I'll be trying to keep a Lab from doing Lab type of things while she heals up from a laceration on her leg. The following weekend though, we'll be in Maupin....but also doing the above. But at least I'll be able to fish a little bit.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Well, at least at 65 degrees, it isn't so bad when you go down. Got swept off my feet crossing. At #155 not much downforce. Got some new Redsides coming and the new felts should help, just have a thin layer and worn out toe rand now. Did have my opportunity before that, handled the first run, but second run was down the far side of the seam. Got it turned sideways just as it got to the lip of the tailout, then slack.

Attachments

• 20240315_wet_again.jpg
    20240315_wet_again.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 24