Virtual Vise Night

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
A number of folks have been informally gathering via Zoom for a drop-in virtual fly tying session on last Tuesday of each month. If there’s interest, I’m happy to start a conversation with the link, and continue hosting (my account has unlimited attendees and meeting length).

The day isn’t set in stone, either.

Last edited:

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
sign me up

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Sounds fun. I'd be down! I always need motivation to get on the vise besides running out of flies!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
some of us might need reminders...

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’ll post a detailed tutorial on Zoom later, but the basics are these:

You can join at any time. Right now we've been meeting the last Tuesday of each month, but you could click the link below right now and test out Zoom/have a virtual vise session. Heck, you could even go rogue and meet up with others whenever you want.

Drinking is not required, but definitely welcome— you don’t even have to share!

Recommended, but not necessary:
- Download Zoom onto your phone/tablet/computer.
- Have a webcam and microphone for your computer (either built-in, or added to it)

Easiest Way: Click the link even if you don't have Zoom installed. All you need is an interrnet connection.

Less Easy Way:
  1. Have Zoom installled.
  2. Open Zoom.
  3. Click the "join" button.
  4. Enter this Meeting ID.
  5. Enter the password when prompted.
Advanced Way: Well, aren't we fancy?
  1. Have Zoom installled.
  2. Open Zoom.
  3. Update Zoom.
  4. Click the "join" button.
  5. Enter the Meeting ID.
  6. Enter the password when prompted.
Hardest Way: Whatever the hell my mom does. Seriously. One time she opened a photo as a text document, and when I gave her instructions typed them word-for-word into her internet browser. But she couldn't get on the internet because she couldn't find the "angel button" (Wi-Fi button) on her laptop. Another time she broke the CD tray off of her computer when she set a full nalgene bottle on what she thought was a cup holder.

Last edited:
A number of folks have been informally gathering via Zoom for a drop-in virtual fly tying session on last Tuesday of each month. If there’s interest, I’m happy to start a conversation with the link, and continue hosting (my account has unlimited attendees and meeting length).

The day isn’t set in stone, either.
This is awesome. I'll keep checking this thread if things change. I can't do Tuesdays, I teach an apprenticeship. Don't change the night on my account, but if worlds collide I'll be on.

Justin

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Question: Do we need to wear a mask?
Only if you feel the need.

I’m ugly, and even so no one’s told me I need one for virtual vise night.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Now that the site has been indexed by search engines, I’m moving the Zoom link info to a conversation. Anyone who expresses interest here will be added to that conversation, where the link and directions will be provided.