Turnover

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
My local favorite lake (no its not Munn) was a mess today. It's usually crystal clear but today was unfishable. I know because I tried. I only hang around because it was soo damn nice out. So be aware, your low lake destinations may be ugly..

Reactions: Zak

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I would see where the incoming water is coming from and fish where it dumps in if you can
The lake will settle eventually

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
The lake way west was ugly too....looked like daphnia but was some kind of bloom. It was around the shore and maybe a couple of inches deep from the surface.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
When I lived in northern Arizona many of the lakes turned over in early spring
I think it triggered many of the fish to move and they usually moved to the intake - at least till the lake settled and re stratified
Now most of these lakes were thawing because they were frozen
But…. It is info

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
This lake is deep and spring fed, I assume, as there is no outlet and it sits down in a steep basin. I'll get back later after it settles out..

The lake way west was ugly too....looked like daphnia but was some kind of bloom. It was around the shore and maybe a couple of inches deep from the surface.
Not sure way west is, but saw fb post couple days ago about keeping pets and people out of #2 due to of toxic bloom. It would take me too long to type the type of algae. Sure agencies are testing.