Trailer rollers.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
This is not for my boat trailer, that is, the Easy Loader my Lund sits on. Rather, I use a Harbor Freight trailer I built from a kit to carry my pram, or now also my pretty light weight 11 or 12' raft on. I put a sheet of treated plywood on the 4' x 8' frame and have just been sliding my pram or raft (not hauled at the same time) up onto the trailer. I can see this operation going more smoothly if I had one of those roller bar thingies - like drift boat trailers have - on the back of the trailer deck. What are these things called, and most important, where the heck can I get one? The trailer is 48" wide, so that is the size I will be looking for.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
This is not for my boat trailer, that is, the Easy Loader my Lund sits on. Rather, I use a Harbor Freight trailer I built from a kit to carry my pram, or now also my pretty light weight 11 or 12' raft on. I put a sheet of treated plywood on the 4' x 8' frame and have just been sliding my pram or raft (not hauled at the same time) up onto the trailer. I can see this operation going more smoothly if I had one of those roller bar thingies - like drift boat trailers have - on the back of the trailer deck. What are these things called, and most important, where the heck can I get one? The trailer is 48" wide, so that is the size I will be looking for.
If you can wait a month, I can help you out with that. I’m down in Louisiana now, but I have all the goods to make you a really nice setup in my garage.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I bought a set of roller bushings at the Clackacraft shop (https://www.driftboatparts.com/product-p/rtrb.htm). They fit in EMT conduit that I bought from Lowe’s. Bought a 5/8 in steel rod from the local steel shop and a set of roller brackets with a 5/8 inch hole from Etrailer. Cut the conduit and steel rod to length. The end product worked out pretty well. It fits across the back of the trailer for rolling the boat on. My nephew drilled the holes for the cotter pins.
IMG_3156.jpeg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Overton's has a wide selection of boat trailer roller parts/shafts/etc. SG.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
coupla of ways to skin that racoon...coastal flyfisher I know has a cherry old Don Hill carried on a similar trailer/plywood that he installed slick bunk pads on ..goes on and off so easy it will slide off the trailer pads the moment he starts to back down the ramp if the bow security chain isn't hooked up
.1689460633584.png

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
coupla of ways to skin that racoon...coastal flyfisher I know has a cherry old Don Hill carried on a similar trailer/plywood that he installed slick bunk pads on ..goes on and off so easy it will slide off the trailer pads the moment he starts to back down the ramp if the bow security chain isn't hooked up
.View attachment 73012
That would work for my pram, altho I attached HDPE strips to the keelsons, so it slides on pretty easy as it. Not sure that would work as well for the raft compared to a roller.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That would work for my pram, altho I attached HDPE strips to the keelsons, so it slides on pretty easy as it. Not sure that would work as well for the raft compared to a roller.
That would be way less work and less expensive than the roller.