Topper Build

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
With fuel prices being what they are I wanted to have the option of being able to easily extend my day trips.
I'm almost ready for my first shakedown cruise.

View attachment 25323
The 'underbed area' is accessible from several ways.
View attachment 25340

View attachment 25324
View attachment 25325
View attachment 25327
View attachment 25330
My 73 quart "Walmart Yeti" fits nicely in the back seat and still leaves a third seat available.
View attachment 25331
View attachment 25332
Really nice man! What mattress is that?

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Really nice man! What mattress is that?
We bought several of those when the kids were young and having sleepovers. Our youngest is now in his mid 40's so that was a while ago.
I don't remember seeing a name and doubt they're still made. I'm in Billings right now but I'll check when I get back in Spokane at the end of the month.

MT_Flyfisher

Life of the Party
I have a Hest mattress which is also really nice, but expensive. It is made of a memory foam that is supposed to stay supple in cold weather, and doesn’t smell. One of the features that @Old406Kid mattress has that I like is the fold in the middle, and I wish that Hest had that feature. Hest also recently began offering custom form fitted sheets for their mattresses which I bought and really like so far - it’s as comfortable as sleeping on my bed at home.

Another sleeping pad that I’m considering buying for car camping is the Exped Mega Mat 10, which is a combination of foam and air, depending on how firm you want your sleeping pad. REI has them on sale right now for 25% off.

Sagebrush

Smolt
Another sleeping pad that I’m considering buying for car camping is the Exped Mega Mat 10, which is a combination of foam and air, depending on how firm you want your sleeping pad. REI has them on sale right now for 25% off.
Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I bought one of those for my wife earlier this year, she loves it. I tried it one night night and it is very comfortable. Plan on buying one for myself with this sale.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I have a Hest mattress which is also really nice, but expensive. It is made of a memory foam that is supposed to stay supple in cold weather, and doesn’t smell. One of the features that @Old406Kid mattress has that I like is the fold in the middle, and I wish that Hest had that feature. Hest also recently began offering custom form fitted sheets for their mattresses which I bought and really like so far - it’s as comfortable as sleeping on my bed at home.

I've had and used the Exped Mega Mat 10 for about 4 years. Robust, extremely comfortable (since it's infinitely adjustable) and quite thick.