This Ain't Good...As A Matter Of Fact, Damn Sad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Take the exception and make it the rule, hmmmm. He was at Johns Hopkins by the way, not Harvard and once his methods were discovered, he lost credibility, but we won't mention that.
True he studied at Harvard. My mistake.
He has lost no credibility in that field of study.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Why do you laugh, we're you not alive during the 1900s. Communism which secularists must accept as their own did more damage in less than a century than Christianity did in 20.
10 million murders and that's just one of the many things Stalin did and Stalin wasn't the worst.

That was communism not secularism?

Bingo....
The awesome part about being secular is that, by definition, I do not need to be held in common with other secularists. They are other people that I have sworn no fealty to, why would their actions be placed upon my shoulders? I don't condone those actions, and you can know that by asking me.

If, however, I had sworn my very eternal soul to an organization, funded them with my dollars and advertised for them through my actions and words, then their the ability to paint with a broader brush comes into play.

Personally I avoid that thinking, as not everyone who has been to church participated in a crusade, killed somebody their god thought was unfit, molested little children or engaged in a millenia old campaign against knowledge and truth. But the churches have certainly done that shit.

Your hubris and Rob-centric views on life, where things you disagree with should be criminally outlawed and codified into law, are fully on display here. I am sorry life has not humbled you further, but perhaps the next round. Good luck with it.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
True he studied at Harvard. My mistake.
He has lost no credibility in that field of study.
You seem to be making a lot of mistakes, perhaps on this as well. He has lost credibility in the science community at large, he still has some on the fringes, just like Perter Duesberg has some.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
These liberties are being eroded by present-day political factions and the "simple minds" as you put it, that buy into conspiracy theories. I'd like to believe that it's a "night and day" comparison but there is too much evidence to the contrary rising up, almost by the day.

What liberties are being eroded?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I think it was some geriatric retired guy with too much time on his hands looking to stir things up using an apocryphal tale about a Washington license plate, some kids, and a boat told by an old lady named Karen ...
😅

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.—Swift

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
The awesome part about being secular is that, by definition, I do not need to be held in common with other secularists. They are other people that I have sworn no fealty to, why would their actions be placed upon my shoulders? I don't condone those actions, and you can know that by asking me.

If, however, I had sworn my very eternal soul to an organization, funded them with my dollars and advertised for them through my actions and words, then their the ability to paint with a broader brush comes into play.

Personally I avoid that thinking, as not everyone who has been to church participated in a crusade, killed somebody their god thought was unfit, molested little children or engaged in a millenia old campaign against knowledge and truth. But the churches have certainly done that shit.

Your hubris and Rob-centric views on life, where things you disagree with should be criminally outlawed and codified into law, are fully on display here. I am sorry life has not humbled you further, but perhaps the next round. Good luck with it.
1. I have not sworn anything to anyone, nor do I have the ability to do so.

2. The crusades were a response to the Muslim invasion of the northern Mediterranean. It was a war. Show me a war where atrocities don't happen and I'll show you a war that never took place.

3 it's been school teachers doing the molesting lately.

4. I have suggested absolutely no legal actions being taken to enforce my views or to exclude other save this. In another thread I posted that animal rights activists have no role to play in the development of fishing and hunting regulations because their goal is to eliminate both.

This conversation here is purely "academic"
And I don't think anyone has viewed it as anything other than that except that they might argue that it is sub-acedemic.
But there has been debate about the importance of the difference between a sphere and an eclipse as it relates to the shape of earth.

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
3 it's been school teachers doing the molesting lately.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
But there has been debate about the importance of the difference between a sphere and an eclipse as it relates to the shape of earth.
I don't think that's really a debate....your post is the first to mention eclipse.

Nor do I think there was much of a debate on sphere vs. ellipse. One is factual, the other is not.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I don't think that's really a debate....your post is the first to mention eclipse.

Nor do I think there was much of a debate on sphere vs. ellipse. One is factual, the other is not.
1. Auto correct.
2. The difference between the two shapes is of absolutely no importance in a discussion about a flat earth vs round.. it was just nit picking. In order to detract from the real discussion.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
1. Autocracy
2. The difference between the two shapes is of absolutely no importance in a discussion about a flat earth vs round.. it was just nit picking. In order to detract from the real discussion.
Details like that matter. Especially in ya know, science.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party

Could post a similar list of teachers.

One school district covered up the rape of a female student and sent the offender to another school where HE did it again..

But the list of school employees who abuse children is long and growing. That does not put all school employees in that same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.