Thermoworks smoke BBQ monitor

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
My wife bought me one of these for Father’s Day and it’s a nice piece of kit.
8511D332-FA84-4BC8-A326-7AF6961B074F.jpeg
I’ve used other similar units but this one is better. The housing is substantial and the remote receiver stays connected through the walls to my living room.

Made rotisserie chicken for dinner. Check out the difference in temp reading between the lid of the Weber and the smoke unit.
67C91E22-F116-4D25-8C03-320CEBE79BE8.jpeg
B110EE2A-2F32-43C0-8839-E89CA32D6A81.jpeg

The bird came out fine!
9DC4DCED-30E0-48CC-A992-3C9EB8DB7373.jpeg
8C95B48B-80E8-4FF8-998A-8E3458123DE5.jpeg

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
View attachment 25128
I’ve used other similar units but this one is better. The housing is substantial and the remote monitor stays connected through the walls to my living room.

Made rotisserie chicken for dinner. Check out the difference in temp reading between the lid of the Weber and the smoke unit.
View attachment 25129
View attachment 25130

The bird came out fine!
View attachment 25131
View attachment 25132
Nice job on the Performer! One thing the newbies looking to spend megabucks on a GEE-WHIZ grill need to learn is-it's the skill, not the grill.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
View attachment 25128
I’ve used other similar units but this one is better. The housing is substantial and the remote monitor stays connected through the walls to my living room.

View attachment 25129
View attachment 25130

The bird came out fine!
View attachment 25131
View attachment 25132
Looks amazing! Re the temperature variance: On the Weber, the temperature gauge is opposite the vent. That’s not the ideal design.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Nice job on the Performer! One thing the newbies looking to spend megabucks on a GEE-WHIZ grill need to learn is-it's the skill, not the grill.
Thanks Ive! I paid my dues burning out a few cheap-o units before I got the Perfomer. There are so many little details that Weber gets right and I wouldn’t appreciate that if I hadn’t learned on junk grills.

Last edited:

Slow_Floccer

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
Nice. My wife got me the Smoke last year father's day. Like you said, it's really nice.

I've had a hard time keeping steady temps in my weber bullet smoker and this year added the Billows fan. Fixed that right quick, got +/- 10 degrees on a 14 hour smoke with no fiddling. Mostly kept to 5 degrees. Highly recommended.