The woods are dreary, dark and deep...

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
The woods are dreary, dark and deep but a difficult brushy hike puts you on a pool it takes all day to fish.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 8.10.32 PM.png
First outing for a Sharpes spliced 9' 6.2 ounce spliced bamboo rod. It threw a 15 foot 7 weight sink tip nicely...
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 8.12.42 PM.png
We found bull trout on classic supervisor and white ghost new england style streamers...

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 8.13.58 PM.png
Noone else around except this little guy whose tracks ran along the pool...
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 8.14.55 PM.png

Last edited:

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
It's a keeper. Thows long casts across tailouts with very little false casting. The spliced action makes the rod feel almost like a one piece and comes alive when I'm fighting a fish. It's a 6/7 weight but most Sharpes excel at the high end of the weight range. I was throwing a 15' 7 weight streamer line today and the Sharpes felt great. The only drawback is that is that it's two piece so harder to travel with.

Now I'll start searching for an 8' spliced sharpes.

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It's a keeper. Thows long casts across tailouts with very little false casting. The spliced action makes the rod feel almost like a one piece and comes alive when I'm fighting a fish. It's a 6/7 weight but most Sharpes excel at the high end of the weight range. I was throwing a 15' 7 weight streamer line today and the Sharpes felt great. The only drawback is that is that it's two piece so harder to travel with.

Now I'll start searching for an 8' spliced sharpes.
Dave, what is a 15' streamer line?