The victory lap

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
It is often said that you never take the backroads home after catching a big fish. Word around here spreads fast and you know who's puttin' points on the board. After sticking a toad, there are few things that bring more joy than taking a lap or two downtown.

@_WW_ got to experience this the other day after he got his big one. We were already feeling good and the stoke was high. But to cap off the day, I took him downtown for a victory lap.

Immediately you could just feel it. The shop owners stepped out to catch a peak, the girls were making eye contact, and the boys were left with no other move besides a tip of the hat. We've been here before so we remain humble. But we know. And they know.

The Victory lap.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
It is often said that you never take the backroads home after catching a big fish. Word around here spreads fast and you know who's puttin' points on the board. After sticking a toad, there are few things that bring more joy than taking a lap or two downtown.

@_WW_ got to experience this the other day after he got his big one. We were already feeling good and the stoke was high. But to cap off the day, I took him downtown for a victory lap.

Immediately you could just feel it. The shop owners stepped out to catch a peak, the girls were making eye contact, and the boys were left with no other move besides a tip of the hat. We've been here before so we remain humble. But we know. And they know.

The Victory lap.
I love it!!

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Some big bugs started showing up yesterday and I'm about to get out for a float. Check back in later and hopefully I'll have a photo of one.

#victorylap
Well, where are the Pictures at. You've had two days to get them on here.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Do you strap the fish across your hood?
Windows down, music up loud (preferably something like Queen - 'we are the champions' or Kenny Loggins 'playing with the boys'), make eye contact with everyone, casual single finger wave combo w/ head nod to follow up said eye contact, etc. etc. This is particularly effective at crowded cross walks. You'll want to slow down as you drive by restaurants with outdoor dining so that all the patrons eating outdoors get to soak in your vibe.

This is a particularly powerful move in places like Ephrata and Soap Lake.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
When I lived in Bozeman I did see some victory laps with big game tied to the hood or roof. Never saw a big trout though…

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
The biggest trout I hooked in the last week first ran and tangled with WW's line. Then it jumped just as we drifted by some tree branches and became the first tree-climbing trout I didn't land. Maybe I should have pruned a large branch from the tree and tied it to the hood of my car for the victory lap that day. Oh! The things I think about after I get home from the trip.

swimmy

The biggest trout I hooked in the last week first ran and tangled with WW's line. Then it jumped just as we drifted by some tree branches and became the first tree-climbing trout I didn't land. Maybe I should have pruned a large branch from the tree and tied it to the hood of my car for the victory lap that day. Oh! The things I think about after I get home from the trip.

That fish would’ve probably earned us a victory lap.

Hate we lost ‘em but that’s the brown trout rodeo.

swimmy

Music is important to consider when taking a victory lap. I have a 15" sub in my truck so we could really get those asses shaking if we wanted to.

Or a little 80's rock?

Don't sleep on bro country though

Turn it up, keep it low. There really are no right/wrong answers. This is your party and we are just here to help you celebrate.

iWv7I1bp_o.gif

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I used to own a Suzuki, and one time we (as in family) went on a picnic to Kayak Point. I took the top off because the sun was shining and was playing a CD of the Village People. I had that sucker turned up and went through Marysville with the noise blaring. I think it was YMCA.