The season of Thanksgiving

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have tried throughout my life to always be thankful, even on those hardest days.

We all have our own journeys, with each of us experiencing and dealing with those experiences in our own personal ways.

I am thankful for this community and those that I have met and been able to fish with. And those that share their knowledge with all of us, helping us all in some way or another. Those sharing their passion for the fly fishing addiction and all of the other hobbies and interests we love, even gardening.

I am thankful that over the last several weeks, I had some incredible highs and a couple of real lows. I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to fish Lake Lenice with family and friends (and some fish). This was so refreshing for my soul! Then, I was then extremely thankful to meet my newest granddaughter. She is a blessing and was something I kept in focus during my low days of cancer.

IMG_4157.jpg
20231026_171328.jpg

I am thankful to have known, fished with, and worked for fisheries conservation with Joe. Upon returning home from the granddaughter trip, I received tragic news that Joe had died. Joe had gone fly fishing on the Cowlitz by himself this past week, and when he didn't return, when expected, the sheriff was notified. They found Joe trapped in debris, and they were working to recover his body. I am thankful to know that Joe died doing what he loved (as hard as the loss is). Joe's daughter shared this thinking of her dad...

“On the river the heat mirages danced with each other and then they danced through each other and then they joined hands and danced around each other. Eventually the watcher joined the river, and there was only one of us. I believe it was the river.”

Norman Maclean - A River Runs Through It

I encourage you, wear a life vest anytime your fishing from boat or shore. You are loved and will be missed by someone.

I am thankful for the memory of Joe, fishing Dry Falls one spring, feet/fins up on his pontoons, chin on his chest (after a cast, indicator out) totally taking a nap! His last name becaming a humors verb for taking a nap with our group!

Again, I am THANKFUL for you all!

Tight line Joe and we will see you at the fire soon...
Screenshot_20231105_185513_Facebook~2.jpg

Enjoy everyday you have!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Pat pretty well summed it up. Condolences & prayers your way! Shawn.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Shawn - Indeed you look great and what a beautiful granddaughter! But what a roller coaster you've been on. Prayers for Joe's family, you, and all who hold Joe dear.

Otter

Steelhead
Shawn, thank you for sharing this important message. It came at a needed time.

I’d say that beautiful youngster came into your life at a very good time. Don’t be spoiling her now!

Keep well,
BC Otter