NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
NPR, the radio and podcasting giant, does not run traditional advertisements, but nearly one-third of its revenue has come from corporate sponsors like Angie’s List, General Motors, State Farm and Trader Joe’s. Many a long trip home from fishing excursions I have enjoyed "Wait Wait, don't tell me", and "Prarie Home Companion". A lot of the earlier shows are gone and missed.
And let's not forget the worst sponsor, the government. While their money received isn't the bulk directly, government "rules" on certain things help funnel funds indirectly. Think they don't know this and will give the news accordingly? I used to enjoy NPR. Far less nowadays. They were/are a propaganda machine when they needed to. I now hold them next to fox, CNN, and the rest of the clown shows. They just have some interesting shows in between the news.

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You mean the public land and waterways that we the citizens own but are held in trust by government?
That's something that probably sounds good to say out loud, but isn't really the way it works. One could say that the government of the United States is it's people, since we elect our government from the citizens of our country. However, the land is definitely owned by the government - unless you can show me our names listed on the deeds.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
That's something that probably sounds good to say out loud, but isn't really the way it works. One could say that the government of the United States is it's people, since we elect our government from the citizens of our country. However, the land is definitely owned by the government - unless you can show me our names listed on the deeds.
I understand your point, but conceding that our government (which is and always has operated as a corporation) “owns” our land or our military or anything at all is a slippery slope to totalitarianism.

You may disagree, but the argument is mostly moot due to the size and scope of our government’s involvement in every aspect of our lives. So I guess you win? Or we loose? Who friggin knows, Matt? Who friggin knows?

I guess the real question is can anyone influence the government to make choices that benefit you and I?

Voting doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. I was against the invasion of Iraq after we learned more about oil interests, I voted for Obama, who we thought was going to take us into a new era of enlightenment, I did NOT vote for the great orange one, I did not vote for the absentee president we have now, what in the fuck can we do, Matt? You tell me your great solution. Now. Do it. Do it!!!! 😂 jk jk

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
We the people. The government is the people. Saying the government owns the land is saying that we own the land..

If the government is no longer we the people then we need a revolution, like right now!!!!!

Reactions: JS

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
We the people. The government is the people. Saying the government owns the land is saying that we own the land..

If the government is no longer we the people then we need a revolution, like right now!!!!!
I eagerly await your revolution...but I'm thinking this must be like all your previous calls for Civil War, right ?
All talk, no action
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
😂😂😂😂😂

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think a revolution to some degree is needed, but hopefully far less than a civil war. Unfortunately I think the revolution leans to a far right wing authoritarian revolution, cause with every push there will be at least a even if not harder pull. Shits going a little bonkers to the far left (sorry, but i feel its true), not really talking about climate as much as some other weirdness (although it's a factor) so if we equally react, I see a far right push winning. see Italy, Poland, ect, but I fear ours will be worse. I lean a little more to the right by "their metrics" but extreme either side is bad.

That being said, I don't give a shit. Besides i like to debate. I got ammo stacked and Hella popcorn to munch on and watch fireworks. Don't cross the line I draw in the sand to my house and let me eat my popcorn and I'm chill.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
The federal lands within the US belong to the people of the United States. Unfortunately the unelected bureaucrats think the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.