NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flymph

Steelhead
Explain to me again all the amazing innovation that happened under Stalin? Force and central planning are not the harbingers of innovation. They are however the harbingers of luddite thinking, oppression, piss poor ideas advanced by might and a way of life I would not like to be a part of. Are we really at the point of Stalin good, free market bad? Look throughout the world and tell me where great innovation has come of Stalinistic means?
Really, I see it every night on the news!

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Fine I retract my "heat" comment. Im sorry I offended everyone. Ill figure out another way to save up for fly line.

I wasn't offended. But now I'm offended you think I'm offended.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
She walked into the lions den and he was nice enough to not scalp her.
That was beautiful… I love the condescension. I watched the Hypocrite video and thought of it as nothing more than virtue signaling look at me, look at me. The title is spot on, rules for thee not for me. The best part of the flick was the Crying Indian. The sad part from my observations is the Klimate Kommittee hipsters are some of their worst offenders leaving their trace for all of us to “enjoy” yet they preach they want to save the world.

Scottybs

Forum Supporter
I’ll add one more thing before refs bench me…I love how the progressives of the Bellingham Klimate Kommittee love shredding at Baker but fail to atone for their Karbon footprint because, all of those lifts are powered by sweet crude diesel. I could be wrong and maybe they atone by dumping their fryer grease from the lodge in the tanks and call it sustainably sourced biodiesel.

jerry

Steelhead
I read some of the comments before I watched the video. I wasn't sure where the video might go. I started working with environmental issues in 1970. We need to ask ourselves what we are willing to give up. If we all stopped the activities that we cherish so much what would happen to our economy? It is not simply the gas and oil we use. The carbon footprint is far more complicated. What is my fly rod, fly line, leader, waders, sunglasses, not to mention my boat made of? We have had many warming and cooling cycles throughout time. Most of which occurred long before we ever knew about oil and all of the byproducts associated with it. Now that I think about it many of the warming/cooling cycles occurred before modern man. We do have a responsibility to do our best to protect the environment regardless of where you might stand on the issue.

Scottybs

Forum Supporter
I read some of the comments before I watched the video. I wasn't sure where the video might go. I started working with environmental issues in 1970. We need to ask ourselves what we are willing to give up. If we all stopped the activities that we cherish so much what would happen to our economy? It is not simply the gas and oil we use. The carbon footprint is far more complicated. What is my fly rod, fly line, leader, waders, sunglasses, not to mention my boat made of? We have had many warming and cooling cycles throughout time. Most of which occurred long before we ever knew about oil and all of the byproducts associated with it. Now that I think about it many of the warming/cooling cycles occurred before modern man. We do have a responsibility to do our best to protect the environment regardless of where you might stand on the issue.
Jerry… well said!

Rob Allen

Life of the Party

Here is how this works in reality. America stops using oil, gas and plastic. We all give up what we love and essentially give up first world living. We wreck the economy. Impoverish our people and China/ India and possibly Russia take our place, burns all that oil anyway without any environmental regulation the human carbon footprint INCREASES and climate change accelerates even faster making all of our sacrifice meaningless. On top of that it makes us the bad guys for doing that to our own people much like Stalin's 10 year plan.
Furthermore and I've said this before but when people begin to starve they will kill off wildlife to feed their families. When they start to freeze they will cut down the forests to heat their homes. A thriving US economy in all sectors is vital to having a healthy environment.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have am old Rio Skagit flight 510 you can have if I can find it.. that's as close as I can get.
No sir. You need that line. Heck what we're those back then 40?

I have a list of stuff I would like to purchase. Most of it for tying. I am waiting till I head by lost creek fly shop so I can give sturza some needed business.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Here is how this works in reality. America stops using oil, gas and plastic. We all give up what we love and essentially give up first world living. We wreck the economy. Impoverish our people and China/ India and possibly Russia take our place, burns all that oil anyway without any environmental regulation the human carbon footprint INCREASES and climate change accelerates even faster making all of our sacrifice meaningless. On top of that it makes us the bad guys for doing that to our own people much like Stalin's 10 year plan.
Furthermore and I've said this before but when people begin to starve they will kill off wildlife to feed their families. When they start to freeze they will cut down the forests to heat their homes. A thriving US economy in all sectors is vital to having a healthy environment.
Not in my timeline.😉

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
No sir. You need that line. Heck what we're those back then 40?

I have a list of stuff I would like to purchase. Most of it for tying. I am waiting till I head by lost creek fly shop so I can give sturza some needed business.

I dunno, I got it for free and only used it a couple times. I'm always in favor of people giving Mike some business..

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Explain to me again all the amazing innovation that happened under Stalin? Force and central planning are not the harbingers of innovation. They are however the harbingers of luddite thinking, oppression, piss poor ideas advanced by might and a way of life I would not like to be a part of. Are we really at the point of Stalin good, free market bad? Look throughout the world and tell me where great innovation has come of Stalinistic means?
Stalin was just the metaphor. Pretty sure you know that but if you didn’t, now you do.

Edit: if you’re looking for innovative progress, the idea of a Green New Deal might be more to your liking. It seems to ruffle a lot of feathers with those that would rather see the status quo continue, which makes it a non starter in our system.

Last edited:

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Point of the two energy maps I posted, geography and technology merging to create free market opportunities for the most cost efficient green power, TX leading in wind, CA in solar.
But not all geographies are conducive to massive solar and wind farms, which is why the US, China, Russia and other countries are investing hundreds of billions into the development of SMR's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.