Thanks for the add

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Aside from not wanting robozucc to get money for my eyeballs, I didn’t like what it was doing to me. It seems like everyone has better things and a cooler life than me 🙄 And I was horrified to find out how awful my friend’s friends are (and some of my friends too).

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Aside from not wanting robozucc to get money for my eyeballs, I didn’t like what it was doing to me. It seems like everyone has better things and a cooler life than me 🙄 And I was horrified to find out how awful my friend’s friends are (and some of my friends too).
True that. I don't think there's ever been anything ever that made me dislike people I otherwise enjoy more than my time on Facebook. It's been years since I was on there, and I don't miss it even a little bit.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
True that. I don't think there's ever been anything ever that made me dislike people I otherwise enjoy more than my time on Facebook. It's been years since I was on there, and I don't miss it even a little bit.

I've taken a self imposed break from FB this winter for that very reason. People who I genuinely like doing their damndest to prove they are about as sharp as a basketball. I found myself seriously questioning who I was friends with, and didn't enjoy that feeling.
Just a non stop repeat of the same stupid behavior. Find meme that supports one's generic view on things, regardless of any facts involved or not, then post meme and defend it to the death no matter how many facts someone brings to the table. And repeat. It's infuriating and watching people I truly like engaging in this behavior was taking a serious negative toll on my mental well being.

Few things seem to expose genuine idiocy more than Facebook. In real life people are able to hide that stuff, but the ease of posting behind the protection of a keyboard and screen sure seems to be too much for many people to resist.

Work wise FB and social media is a bit of a necessary evil, and I will no doubt get back on there in the near future, but not seeing that garbage has had nothing but posive impacts on my life this winter.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
I somehow stumbled across this forum, maybe it is because it is the same name as our group? Either way, I am open to seeing your forum grow and seeing as our group has gone to Facebook, it has opened the doors to a forum. All the best, Ed ( PNW Fly Fishing )😁
Did you run the original on the old MSN message boards? I was a member of that small group over 20 years ago. Hell closer to 25 years ago. PNW Flyfishing.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Did you run the original on the old MSN message boards? I was a member of that small group over 20 years ago. Hell closer to 25 years ago. PNW Flyfishing.
I sure hope he was, because this was his signature before he edited it and posted:

Owner of the original PNWflyfishing, the rest are created by those who cannot think for themselves

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
We're not ever going to be starting a PNWflyfishing.com FB group because it's against everything we stand for as far as having a place run by people who fish without invasive tracking/advertising.

At the end of the day, more power to the FB group folks. I'm sure they will continue in their FB group as we will continue here. Heck, maybe some of their folks come check out the forum and decide to stick around. We'd love to have them. The whole point of this crazy adventure is to create a fishing community in this little corner of the world. I love fishing in BC and would be happy to share a beer with anyone else who did.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Just so we're clear on things we have ownership of:

pnwflyfishing.com
pnwflyfishing.org
pnwflyfishing.us
pnwflyfishing.net

we do not own: pnwflyfishing.ca - a domain that the facebook group advertises as their domain. I know they don't own it because I know the gentleman who does. He's a Canadian, as you have to be a Canadian resident to own a .ca domain. He uses it to direct people to his favorite investment purchasing page. Talked to him yesterday. Awesome dude.

Additionally, we are an officially registered business in the state of Oregon as PNW Fly Fishing Forum LLC, with a pending trademark registration with United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Therefore, I think it's clear who has ownership of the name. We're happy to let the Facebook folks continue to use it as we're hoping they come around to warming up to us and having a mutually beneficial relationship.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Lol This is pretty humorous. This guy reminds me of those videos of angry dock owners on lakes coming out to yell at bass anglers for "fishing their water"

It's always a good idea to really think things through before making ridiculous statements online. What did he expect, that people would just bow down to his claim of ownership of this domain simply because Zuckerberg allows him to have play dates using his software?

At this point the biggest thing being owned is Ed.

Last edited:

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
We're not ever going to be starting a PNWflyfishing.com FB group because it's against everything we stand for as far as having a place run by people who fish without invasive tracking/advertising.

At the end of the day, more power to the FB group folks. I'm sure they will continue in their FB group as we will continue here. Heck, maybe some of their folks come check out the forum and decide to stick around. We'd love to have them. The whole point of this crazy adventure is to create a fishing community in this little corner of the world. I love fishing in BC and would be happy to share a beer with anyone else who did.
this is cool. You guys are a class act

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter