FS TFO 890-4 Pro II, never used - SOLD

For Sale

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Last year I purchased two new 8 weights for a trip to Alaska, the TFO Pro II was my backup rod, I didn't need it or use it so it's brand new. Comes with an Echo rod tube. I've been fishing an older TFO 890-4 Lefty Kreh Pro Series for years. It worked well on bonefish and other saltwater fish and it is a great carp rod. I'm asking $100.00 for the rod, sock and tube, split shipping costs.

IMG_2769.jpgIMG_2773.jpgIMG_2772.jpgIMG_2771.jpgIMG_2770.jpg

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Excellent boat rod. Very tough and replacement sections are readily available for inexpensive, quick purchase.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I don’t understand why this is still available.

TFO rods are a great value, I’ve got one.
Lefty designed them, so they’ve got to be good!

MGM

“Just glad to be here”
Forum Supporter
Buzzy, Your Alaska report last year was fantastic, not going back? I also have the same rod as a backup. Excellent opportunity for someone.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
@jasmillo, stop breaking Sages and just get this. If you break a piece, just order it up and it’s shipped to your door in a few days. 🤷‍♂️🙂

Ha…I actually own 3 of this model. 4, 5 and 7 weights. Love the 4 and 5 for trout still. Expensive rods are a complete waste for me for dry fly fishing. 7 weight is a little slow for my liking as a streamer/beach rod but serves as a good backup for sure. Great quality and durability at that price point.

Also, don’t short change me. I’ve also broken a Scott Centric and a Winston BIIIX in the last three months as well. Those two were 100% my fault versus the Sage which I am convinced is constructed from breakaway glass.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Buzzy, Your Alaska report last year was fantastic, not going back? I also have the same rod as a backup. Excellent opportunity for someone.
Thanks for that! I wanted to go back to the same lodge but they were fully booked so I'm staying close to home.

In the meantime, the TFO 890-4 Pro-II is still for sale.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I already have one of these; I just finally bought another new to me used 8 weight; and I still legit felt an urge to buy this! Also @mcswny ’s reel/line combo... that’d be a hell of an 8 wt outfit for $180.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Interested. PM sent.