Ten Year Average

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Don't need a stats class to see these are not the same.
84-93 Ten Year average-
84_93 10 yr average steelhead snip.png

Current Ten Year average-
10 yr average steelhead.png

So keep this in mind when you compare numbers for this year.

Soapbox moment-
Even if you're conservative on social matters or guns or whatever...I know lots of us are. If you like to fish for steelhead and salmon, please try to vote green when it makes sense. The fish need all the help they can get.

Ok, off my box. How bout them Mariners? :)

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I was too young to experience this era, but I do think it had a lot to do with the explosion of steelhead fly fishing in popularity at the time. There were a lot of fish and a lot of places to fish in the PNW. That time period is recognized among fishermen who fished it. My mentor was catching so many he put down the spoon rod and took up the two hander. He tells me stories from days of the late 80s and early 90s and he says it was too easy using gear. Nowadays I mostly gear fish and I get skunked plenty of times. It doesn’t really bend me out of shape though. Plenty of unforgettable days are still to be had.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It's funny that conservative politicians can't also be green. These rigid lines in the sand are beyond old.
But it's never black/white/grey or even rainbow sometimes. And I don't know enough to drive this to a political conversation on conservation, but I would assume a healthy amounts of that fence (which i straddle both sides) love fishing, hunting and the woods to have their politicians react accordingly. Although I question is more than 1% of either side of politicians give a shit.