Table top grills

Chris M

Steelhead
Looking into table top grills. I want a decent size, two burners,runs on a full size bottle ,not 1 Lb , won't burn the paint off the truck tailgate from bottom heat. Looking to use camping and at home. What say you all , whats the best ?

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have a double burner Camp Chef with a cast iron top for one burner. Does the job and nice to haul around in the tiny trailer. It would probably work great for floating, too, but that iron takes a good while to cool down.

I got to see a larger Blackstone in action last weekend and was blown away. Impressive.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Webers are tried and true.

Used to be able to catch them on sale at seasons end ( Bi-Mart, Fred Meyers , Walmart IIRC ).

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'll second the Weber Q series. I've got a Q 2200 and is a great grill. Just small enough yet still plenty big for multiple big steaks, couple slabs of baby backs, two of three whole chickens or whatever. It runs on the 1lb bottles but like mentioned above, just buy a propane hose and run it off a full sized tank. I do that when camping and it works great. Love the little fold out side shelves as well.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
with the attachment to a big tank, I’d think either 1200 or 2200 would be solid for you. Here’s mine doing some work on a summer float

Attachments

• 5D8F81E9-0C99-4B78-8D3D-2875335C3121.jpeg
    5D8F81E9-0C99-4B78-8D3D-2875335C3121.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
I've had my Weber go anywhere grill for 20 yrs and still going strong. Used it on the hood of my old suburban without any issue but wouldn't use it on a plastic table.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Like many others, I use a table top frequently but also runs off 1lb and is one burner. But I'm also pretty space limited (damn Prius). Looks like you can get the conversion to run it off the full size tanks. Regarding brands, I have the single burner version of this:

1667403358200.png

So far, it's been the best of all of the brands I've gone through with regard to longevity, and consistency of heat throughout the burner.

Chris M

Steelhead
Thanks everyone for your input. I ordered up the Cuisinart CGG306 , which is the 2 burner Clarkman showed. With 2 10,000 btu burners I'll get the heat even on cold windy days. Plus a hose and quick disconnects. I'll use the short hose with regulator that comes with it at home and a 12 foot hose connected to the pre-plumbed outlet on my travel trailer . No regulator on the 12 footer as the trailer is already regulated. Thanks again.

Chris M

Steelhead
That does look pretty cool or should I say hot. The public lands that I frequent in the summer often prohibit camp fires including charcoal plus I get impatient waiting for the coals to get right. But that is a nice set up.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
That does look pretty cool or should I say hot. The public lands that I frequent in the summer often prohibit camp fires including charcoal plus I get impatient waiting for the coals to get right. But that is a nice set up.
That's why I go with the gas as well. We'll often sous vide up some wings or short ribs or something similar, veggies, etc, then finish on the grill. It's kinda perfect for a mid fishing meal.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Like many others, I use a table top frequently but also runs off 1lb and is one burner. But I'm also pretty space limited (damn Prius). Looks like you can get the conversion to run it off the full size tanks. Regarding brands, I have the single burner version of this:

View attachment 39496

So far, it's been the best of all of the brands I've gone through with regard to longevity, and consistency of heat throughout the burner.

I really hated using the 1lb Coleman guys. I literally went through a whole one in a weekend, so I got this conversion tank. It comes with the tank and the adapter. This site often has 20% off coupons and it came to like $80. Given that each coleman tank is 1lb and costs ~$7 and this thing is 5lb and costs like ~3.50 to fill up, it will pay for itself pretty quick.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I really hated using the 1lb Coleman guys. I literally went through a whole one in a weekend, so I got this conversion tank. It comes with the tank and the adapter. This site often has 20% off coupons and it came to like $80. Given that each coleman tank is 1lb and costs ~$7 and this thing is 5lb and costs like ~3.50 to fill up, it will pay for itself pretty quick.

My dad has an adapter so he just fills up the 1lbers for me so I don’t find them as much a nuisance as others but I like the adapter system idea

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
My dad has an adapter so he just fills up the 1lbers for me so I don’t find them as much a nuisance as others but I like the adapter system idea

Yeah I looked into that as a solution as well and it's definitely a good one.