T&T HS908S Grain Window?

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hey all. I recently acquired a older T&T Horizon HS908S (two piece), and was hoping one of you fine people could let me know the rod's preferred grain window. True to size 8wt lines? Over-line it? Let me know your thoughts. As always, thanks for your help!

SSPey

loco alto!
I fish HS rods 6 thru 10 wt, its the main single-hand salt/steel/salmon quiver that I accumulated in the late 90s. Your 2 pc is a little softer in the top than the more prevalent 4 pc. These rods are highly adaptable and will gladly cast the typical 1/2-overweighted modern lines. I use true-rated lines when carrying a longer line, all way up to overweighted Outbound heads (though my ideal Outbound falls between the 7 and 8 wt). I fish them a lot. The tip section of my 7 wt blank is now in transit back to me, busted and mailed off after X-mas, and got my repair complete email just last week. T&T is great small company that repairs their old stuff in a reasonable time, for a reasonable fee.

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I fish HS rods 6 thru 10 wt, its the main single-hand salt/steel/salmon quiver that I accumulated in the late 90s. Your 2 pc is a little softer in the top than the more prevalent 4 pc. These rods are highly adaptable and will gladly cast the typical 1/2-overweighted modern lines. I use true-rated lines when carrying a longer line, all way up to overweighted Outbound heads (though my ideal Outbound falls between the 7 and 8 wt). I fish them a lot. The tip section of my 7 wt blank is now in transit back to me, busted and mailed off after X-mas, and got my repair complete email just last week. T&T is great small company that repairs their old stuff in a reasonable time, for a reasonable fee.
Thanks for the response and the info!