Swordfish from shore!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I believe it…I was in the Maldives about 9 years ago throwing huge poppers for GT’s from a boat towards the edge of the reef with a spinning rig…hooked a sailfish and had him on for a few minutes until he threw the lure on one of his jumps…it was pretty damn exciting.

Kado

Steelhead
I'm imagining scrambling over those rocks and coral.....I'd have to partake of the local health care facility. Even guides in exotic locales get 'over the top' experiences....awesome!

cdnred

Life of the Party
I'm imagining scrambling over those rocks and coral.....I'd have to partake of the local health care facility. Even guides in exotic locales get 'over the top' experiences....awesome!
Unbelievable story and many kudos to him for catching it on a fly. That had to be a local that knew how to walk that coral properly without getting hurt, one slip and you're in pain. That coral is sharp and can do some mean damage should you fall or get dragged..

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
This story is so incredible! I can’t imagine the feeling that must’ve been, landing that blue water behemoth and realizing what just happened.

“Paulsen uses a Winston Air Salt 9-foot, 12-weight rod and Hatch Finatic 9 Plus reel. His reel was loaded with 350 yards of 80-pound braided line beneath RIO GT 475 gram line and 9 feet of 130-pound-test Momoi Hi-Catch fluorocarbon, ending in a custom black and green fly on an 8/0 Gamakatsu hook.” (emphasis mine)

That is some insane leader material; I guess because of the coral?