RIP Brian Mackerel
He met his maker just off Fort Flagler.
SF

IMG_7487.jpeg
IMG_7486.jpeg

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Yeah, sadly no return trip for Emerald either. Got eaten in the same zone - off Fort Flagler. A watery version of the Hunger Games-

Tallguy

Steelhead
Just drove across the Hood Canal bridge, saw lots of diving birds, and one seal, feeding just on the south side of the bridge Hard not to think of all the smolt tracks trapped on the south side of the bridge and not know exactly what is happening there.

Also reminds me of some data I heard this past winter. My numbers and exactly where might be slightly off, but I was told that when the transient orca are around the central sound, roughly 30% more south sound fish make it through the central sound because the seals are kept close to shore.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Are those triangle fish fences not installed yet to guide the smolts to the gaps at Hood Cannal Bridge?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Are those triangle fish fences not installed yet to guide the smolts to the gaps at Hood Cannal Bridge?
I think they just got one in so far. They need four, and it may help, but it won’t fix the overall issue of the bridge acting as a partial barrier and causing delay in migration (and predator concentration). Also, they probably did a crappy expensive job since they didn’t give the contract to me and @Long_Rod_Silvers 😡

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I think they just got one in so far. They need four, and it may help, but it won’t fix the overall issue of the bridge acting as a partial barrier and causing delay in migration (and predator concentration). Also, they probably did a crappy expensive job since they didn’t give the contract to me and @Long_Rod_Silvers 😡
I still thing we should put in a bid on the other 3. You still got your dewalt?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I still thing we should put in a bid on the other 3. You still got your dewalt?
Yup, along with the plug in electric cheap sawzall from Harbor Freight, the one that has the thumb lock for “locked on” right where it always gets bumped when that’s the last thing you want to happen. As long as the old cans of PVC primer and glue haven’t rusted shut I think we’re in business.