SUP/Paddle Board Repair

RCF

Life of the Party
The kids left 2 inflatable SUP's on shore at the water's edge when they came in for lunch. Went back out and both of them blew seams. One about 6" long and the other about 12" long.

Are they repairable? If so, any place in greater Seattle that can do it? I prefer to have the repair done by someone that knows what they are doing since they are out on the water.

RCF

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I used Google with search string "repair sup with split seam". There are quite a few results including a couple of videos.

(BTW use reliable gloves made of butyl, rubber or latex with acetone, MEK...)

They both had good test results (without actually putting any weight on the fully inflated SUPs). That said... I sure hope your kids and any of their friends that might use the SUPs always wear PFDs.

RCF

Life of the Party
Have not been able to find anyone to do a repair. So my wife emailed the manufacturer (ROC) asking if they knew who to go for a repair. They asked for an order number and picture which she provided.

The manufacturer's response today is "Sorry to see the SUP in that condition. We will provide you with a replacement. Please provide your address."

<loss for words...>

Last edited:

Chad D.

Smolt
That’s pretty nice that the manufacturer is sending you a replacement. Good SUPs ain’t cheap!

Side note, I’m a little surprised that they haven’t started to provide a pressure relief valve on these to help mitigate this problem. This may not be a a super common issue, but you’re certainly not the first person I’ve heard of with a popped board due to heat related pressure.

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
ROC didn't even ask about how it happened. And it was past warranty which they knew.

Totally blown away by their great customer service. I will be buying a replacement from them for the other one that blew a seam. They deserve my business for sure.