Stripping Basket

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Dang. Looks like a great deal.
View attachment 38744

It’s probably the shipping that will kill you.
Like some of the other baskets from over there such as Linekurv and Take, hopefully someone figures out how to carry them in shops over here that makes them reasonably priced.
SF

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’m pretty sure it was because of your heads up, I got a perfectly nice and serviceable basket from ll bean from $15, accidentally discounted from like $80 or so. The “sale” lasted maybe 24 hours till it was back up to $50 or so.

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’m pretty sure it was because of your heads up, I got a perfectly nice and serviceable basket from ll bean from $15, accidentally discounted from like $80 or so. The “sale” lasted maybe 24 hours till it was back up to $50 or so.
I've seen that sale happen before. It was a mistake. Seems like mistakes keep happening. Good deal though.

mickey rat

Vermin
I've decided to give the Ahrex Flexistripper a try. I use a stripped down Fishpond wading belt with the net loop in the back and I keep the basket belt above that to keep the basket from sliding down my non existent ass. The basket is always higher than I'd like so I thought I'd give this a shot:

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've decided to give the Ahrex Flexistripper a try. I use a stripped down Fishpond wading belt with the net loop in the back and I keep the basket belt above that to keep the basket from sliding down my non existent ass. The basket is always higher than I'd like so I thought I'd give this a shot:

I'm curious about those. I hope you share your review!

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I feel like the flexistripper would have the same issues as a basket with holes, but worse. That is, a wave or wading deep would float your line off the fingers. At 5'3", my Take basket is often sitting on the water's surface when trying to reach those fricking just-out-of-rangers!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've got a Flexistripper and like it more than my DIY stripping baskets. I'd prefer it to have a slightly larger "shelf" for collecting line but otherwise I don't think I'll be using a normal style basket ever again.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Earlier this week I was fishing a large reservoir from my Spring Creek pram, I kept standing on my damn fly line (I can't sit still and I can't stand still, both of which cause size 13 boot foot tangles with fly lines). I've considered a stripping basket for the little boat.....

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter

Shoot, that looks better than my overpriced Orvis one (even when I was able to get it half off). I think if I fished the surf more, I'd look at something else....although, the Orvis one works really well for my needs when I AM fishing the surf. Maybe I'll look into that for when I fish up in the Sound (I drilled holes in mine for the Oregon surf).

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I like the fact it can be used as a chair, but not sure I could get up easily after sitting so low on it.

View attachment 39302

https://kettegear.com/wp-content/up...-03-2016-13.16.12-e1484082667219-1030x687.jpg
Hmm. Usually plenty of driftwood for seating at a higher level that might be easier on the knees

My favorite thing about the Take basket is that it's softer rubberlike material. Which you come to appreciate when you whack frozen fingers against the edge while stripping!