Stripping Apron for Fish Cat Scout

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Just tired of the stripping apron on my Fish Cat. Love the little frameless boat but the strpping apron sucks. It doesn't maintain shape so it almost useless. Anybody found an aftermarket versions that's worth a crap?

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I initially was not impressed with the stripping apron on my Scout either when I first got it. I stiffened the front of the apron with a piece of zip tied foam pipe insulation and am happy with it now. A piece of pool noodle would work as well. Although the apron has measure marks on it for fish, it is still really only suitable as a stripping apron.

I got the idea for stiffening the front of the apron from some posts on the other website from guys who weren't happy with the same style apron that Outcast also uses on the Fish Cat 4 and Fat Cat float tubes.

Ken

20190519_1.jpg

8c Stripping Basket Reinforce Ficklin WFF.JPG8b Stripping Basket Alum Stiffen Kilchis WFF.JPG8a Stripping Basket Stiffen Denny WFF.JPG

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
oh, nice suggestion! I've gotta try that myself.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I agree, that apron design leaves a lot to be desired. Good suggestions on the apron mods.
Anyone done any modifications or have suggestions for the flimsy plastic legs to make them more rigid?
SF

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
After modifying the front, I toyed with the idea of adding reinforcing to the front corners and or down the sides. I'm glad I resisted those urges - with the foam only on the front, the apron still rolls into a compact package for storage.

Bonus - the foam is also a handy place for drying flies!

8d 20231015.jpg