Stolen

The T.O. Show

Steelhead
Some degenerate piece of shit stole a bunch of stuff out of my truck last night in Beacon Hill. Keep an eye out please.

-Orvis Recon 6wt
-TFO Pro 5wt
-Allen Kraken 5 green, intermediate line with wire bite leader, should be an obvious one
-Allen Alpha 3 blue
-Allen Trout 2 bronze
-Allen Trout 2 purple
-Fishpond Nomad mid-length net
-Simms Headwaters waders
-Korkers Darkhorse boots size 11
-Orvis hip pack filled with a bunch of trout stuff
-Orvis mud room wader bag
-Orange Simms dry bag
-Blue Simms Wapypoints backpack

20220306_103445.jpg

Last edited:

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
Oh man! I'm sorry that happened to you. Fly fishing gear isn't cheap and know that it can be hard to replace and can take a long time to do so. You should check with your insurance company to see if any of it's covered. So sorry!

MGM

“Just glad to be here”
Forum Supporter
Damn! that pisses me off and it's not even my gear. Hope you can track it down but I'm sure that will be all on you to do so. I've gotten a little lax over the years when I'm driving and overnighting to fishing destinations, I'll be carting everything to the room after seeing this.

October Caddis

Freshly Spawned
Bummer, sorry to hear that.

As someone who has always a pickup with a shell, I’ve always struggled to find a good solution to lock rods and such up. For years I was terrified about leaving rods and reels in the truck.

Eventually I settled on a black (imitation) diamond plate toolbox that I bolted to the bed lengthwise behind the cab. It’s not the most secure thing in the world, but smash and grabs usually rely on speed anyway, plus being flat black it isn’t too visible through the shell windows. I got mine relatively cheap on Bezos’ site but of course there are many options.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Some degenerate piece of shit stole a bunch of stuff out of my truck last night in Beacon Hill. Keep an eye out please.

-Orvis Recon 6wt
-TFO Pro 5wt
-Allen Kraken 5 green, intermediate line with wire bite leader, should be an obvious one
-Allen Alpha 3 blue
-Allen Trout 2 bronze
-Allen Trout 2 purple
-Simms Freestone waders
-Korkers Darkhorse boots size 11
-Orvis hip pack filled with a bunch of trout stuff
-Orvis mud room wader bag
-Orange Simms dry bag

View attachment 7783
Do you want the body cold, or warm?

JLT

20 years late to the game
Forum Supporter
I live on beacon hill and have had my truck pilfered a couple times. I found my vest and fly box about 50 yards from my house, the cash did not turn up… my fault for leaving it in there, but fuck these dirt bags.

I’ll keep an eye out.

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
That sucks! I never leave anything in my truck.....doesn’t take long to put things away.....sure doesn’t take long for some assclown to steal it!

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
That sucks! I never leave anything in my truck.....doesn’t take long to put things away.....sure doesn’t take long for some assclown to steal it!
The only time I leave rods/gear in my truck is if I park it off street and as far down the driveway as it rig fits (backed up to the garage door - the truck won't fit in the garage). I know I'm tempting fate doing so but I don't like packing everything from the house to the rig early in the morning when my wife is sleeping. I never leave anything in the truck when parked on the street.

OP, sorry for your loss.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Here's the bigger problem.
Why are scumbags like this still walking the streets????
Incarceration of these people is something I would gladly pay more taxes for...that or an open season on them.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Here's the bigger problem.
Why are scumbags like this still walking the streets????
Incarceration of these people is something I would gladly pay more taxes for...that or an open season on them.
It would seem there's a judge that should NOT be a judge in your area, Dean. Come on @Salmo_g - if this clown isn't due for Backhoes R Us, no one is.

The T.O. Show

Steelhead

It's not something I do often. I fished Saturday and stayed that night at a buddy's place and just didn't want to unload all of my crap into his house. Obviously I wish I had in hindsight. I thought it was a decently lit spot to park in plain view of multiple houses but that didn't stop them.

The T.O. Show

Steelhead
I live on beacon hill and have had my truck pilfered a couple times. I found my vest and fly box about 50 yards from my house, the cash did not turn up… my fault for leaving it in there, but fuck these dirt bags.

I’ll keep an eye out.

Yeah I'm guessing most of it will end up in a dumpster, maybe the rods in a pawn shop. Next time it pours rain keep an eye out for a homeless guy in waders and a black north face 🤣