Stillie gamefish opportunities.

SeaRunner

Steelhead
SkyRunner in post #73 you questioned "...the state's ability to conduct the various fisheries monitoring it has agreed to..."

The state certainly has the tools to monitor those various fisheries, A solid statistical model (that has been reviewed a number of times), funding for test fishing to get sublegal, unmarked portion, etc. in the fishery, funding/manpower to adequately sample the fishery (more than 20% of the effort?). The real question are they able to efficiently use those tools. Here is a quick summary of this past season upon which you may be able to answer that question yourself.

Summer fisheries
MA 5 limited by 7,254 legal size encounters with the fishery taking 104%.
MA 6 limited by 11,516 legal size encounters; after a full 6-week season taking 86%.
MA 7 limited by 2,541 sublegal encounters with the fishery taking 106%.
MA 9 limited by a 4,300 harvest quota with the fishery taking 106%.
MA 10 limited by 7,748 sublegal encounters with the fishery taking 117%.
MA 11 in June limited by 259 unmarked encounters with the fishery taking 115%.
MA 11 in July limited by 3,845 sublegal encounters with the fishery taking 97%.
Winter
MA 5 limited by sublegal encounters with the fishery taking 98%.
MA 10 limited 4,953 total encounters with the fishery taking 145% (also took 125% of the unmarked encounters).
MA 11 limited by 259 unmarked encounters with the fishery taking 155%.

Curt

Respectfully I think my quote above is out of context and to be fair I could have been clearer in my post which the quote is taken from.

I am not questioning the State's ability to monitor the fisheries listed in the LOAFs of the past several years, or for those agreed to this upcoming year. Clearly they've been able to do that as shown by the partial numbers you posted and the figures and publications available on the WDFW website. I was questioning the ability of the State to take on additional monitoring duties in the context of expanded fisheries, including expansion on the Stillaguamish. Expanded time and/or area of fishing means expanded test fishing and sampling right? I don't know what the State's capacity limits on that are.

I'm not clear on your efficiency question/comment.