Squeaky Oar Locks

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I trailer my pram, often on dusty roads. My oarlocks and sockets are bronze on bronze; I use water to lubricate them as petroleum attracts dust, dust can be pretty abrasive. Periodically I do run a rag with Simple Green on it through the sockets.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’ve used parafin wax. Also nice that some rods used to come with a little tub of it so I’ve been using that

creekx

not crate trained
On my Clack it isn't the oarlock/bushing that squeaks, it's the rope oar-wrap rubbing on the bronze oarlock. It can be loud and painful to hear. There are a few tricks to cure that as well. Dipping the oars is one, but that is a major PITA. Rubbing a bio soap on the rope works and last longer than wetting.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
On my Clack it isn't the oarlock/bushing that squeaks, it's the rope oar-wrap rubbing on the bronze oarlock. It can be loud and painful to hear. There are a few tricks to cure that as well. Dipping the oars is one, but that is a major PITA. Rubbing a bio soap on the rope works and last longer than wetting.
That’s the issue I’ve had. I use the parafin wax on the rope. But wanted to ask what soap do you like to use?

MELinOre

Steelhead
If on the water, and you don't have anything else, try a few drops of sunscreen lotion on the offending leak. Worked for me.