FS SOLD

For Sale

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
$35.00 (includes CONUS shipping). The shell is well used but still sheds water. I wouldn't rely on waterproofness if you're fishing the Hoh River during a rainforest deluge but the jacket has kept me dry in moderate rain. I washed the jacket (per Simms' instructions) yesterday, when it came out of the washer I could see where the fabric has wear (darker than the rest of the jacket), some where my PFD has rubbed the jacket and the ends of the sleeves.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.1.jpg

4.2.jpg

One thing Simms really gets right on their jackets is the sleeve Velcro closure strap location. Rather than the typical "top of the wrist" where fly lines regularly get caught in the strap, Simms figured it out and put them on the bottom of the wrist. Genius.

4.3.jpg

Overall condition is 3/5. Don't rely on this if you're going to Alaska but it would be quite fashionable at the NW Fly tyer expo or walking Soap Lake in search of a good meal.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Looks like a well-cared for jacket. I have an older Simms Jacket that I use in Eastern Washington because it doesn’t rain that much and another newer one that I use when I fish on the Hoh or when it is raining hard. In Alaska, they refer to Gore-Tex as “Gore-Leak.”