Soap Lake

RCF

Legend
I am thinking about taking a vacation to Soap Lake. Where should I stay, fish and eat for the full experience?

Bakerite

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
35 years ago I used to always stay at the tolo vista. Right on the main drag, tubs with soap lake water for a mineral bath in kind of funky cabins. No idea about restaurants any more or where to find the soap lake honeys. You might want to ask Billy about them

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Somehow, Chris, I think you're joshin' us and looking for some humor from the SLB'rs. If not - apologies -
Sleep: https://soaplakeresort.com/ You might get a mud bath through them
Eat/drink: https://www.facebook.com/DelRedPub/ Used to have some darn good deep fried oysters, burgers were good
Fishing: P3060008.JPG
If you stay at Soap Lake, you have to fish Lenore ----^

Then, of course, you can hit the "warm water ditch" uka Rocky Ford

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
35 years ago I used to always stay at the tolo vista. Right on the main drag, tubs with soap lake water for a mineral bath in kind of funky cabins. No idea about restaurants any more or where to find the soap lake honeys. You might want to ask Billy about them

Used to also stay at the Tolo Vista. Don and Jerry, the owners were pretty funny.
Used to grab a steak dinner at a place in Soap Lake. Can’t remember the name of it or head into Ephrata for pizza and beer.
Fun times back then. Caught my first ever fly caught fish out of Lake Lenore.
SF

RCF

Legend
Soap Lake has inexpensive motels/hotels, all places to eat are rated 4 to 5 stars, and a lake with medicinal properties. Small population, so no worries about having room to fish with anyone near by. Plus the Burlington Northern train goes right through the town. The wind wafting the sweet scent of sage. What is not to like and could be even more relaxing?

Last edited:

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I can't help ya on places to stay the nite.
There is a steak house a block west of the main drag that was pretty darn good, I can't remember the name, but that is what google is for.
Fish, I have had some of the best fishing in Rocky Ford in winter.
Bring yer boat for fishing in the lakes north of Soap Lake.
The last time I went to Soap Lake to enjoy a good soak in the lake the other beach goers were all middle nice folks.
Humble, nice folks live in the high desert.

flybill

Life of the Party
Just hook up (pun intended) with one of those HOT Soap Lake women.. you get to stay in her double wide.... errr... trailer.. just wake up nice and early and go fish.. I told her my name was Jake W... and my number was 503-867-5309.. haven't heard back from her yet! :cool: :D