Snow Shred Season 23/24

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Passholder Day at Baker tomorrow, followed by Opening Day on Thursday! Bring your rock boards and smiles!!!

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter

There's so many bears in Tahoe. One time we had a bear break into our house in the middle of the night. It got in one of two ways: It opened the door (it was one of those doors where you just push down with your thumb--it could have smacked it with its paw), or my roommate drunkenly left the door open. Regardless, we all work up with a very large bear hangin' in our living room.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Mega fingers crossed!! It’s been a bit slow… hard to get excited to shred mulch.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
He's not kidding. This video has been making the rounds today.

I’m not a skier and haven’t been up to the lodge in ages, so help me out….is that person boarding on an actual run or is that some Forest Service road or sumpin?

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’m not a skier and haven’t been up to the lodge in ages, so help me out….is that person boarding on an actual run or is that some Forest Service road or sumpin?
That's Stu shredding Honkers cat track, inbounds at the ski area. It's south facing and low elevation so it's the first to go in warm times like this.

It's the "cat track" under C4 and C6.

I will give massive props to the crew at MBSA for being open and keeping as much as possible open given the circumstances. They have been busting their collective butts to keep us sliding around and keep as many people employed as they can.

Reactions: M_D

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
That is an actual run (normally) "chair 4 cat track" or "honkers cat track". Though it probably looks something like a forest service road in the summer.

At about 25 seconds in the twitter video, the guy rides under a chairlift (though it's hard to see). At about 2:10 in the video below, the chair the twitter guy rode under goes over that same cat track during a more normal amount of snow coverage.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the info…although it’s a bit depressing. I suspected the snow levels were bad….just not that bad.

Hopefully the forecast is right and they’ll get dumped on up there

My MAIN ANALYSIS PLATFORM SYSTEM is the foremost internet-based program platform phone app . No others come CLOSE to as highly respected as MY MAIN ANALYSIS PLATFORM SYSTEM is among the elite forecasting crowd!!!

Reactions: Zak

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
@Josh @adamcu280 Congrats guys. Looks like you’re starting to get your snow! Impressive amounts forecast for the next week. Hope you guys get to enjoy it 👍

and hopefully it sticks around until June
I'm sitting this weekend out on the couch with the flu, but hopefully I'll be back in action by midweek when the crowds and snowpack settle down!

Reactions: M_D

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
And on the other coast we finally started getting snow again after December’s record flooding. Yesterday’s five inches made everything soft and it’s amazing how much I feel like I know what I’m doing riding on softer snow than firm East coast snow. Coverage is starting to get good enough to maybe break out the new Jones board.