Snoqualamie advice

Staying up in Issaquah this week for work. Never fished the upper forks of the Snoqualamie. I searched the site but couldn't find anything, maybe I'm doing it wrong. Anyway, if anyone wants to DM me good access sites I would give you a virtual high five and buy you a beer if we ever meet in person. Don't worry about me de-hogging your favorite buckets, I'm really not that good... Thanks in advance.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Take exit 34 off I-90, drive up the Middle Fork road, and once you get past the Mailbox Peak parking there are miles and miles of public access up there (all state and federal land). Bring your Discover Pass (and a Northwest Forest Pass if you go up that far) and have fun!
This is the way. Bring some 14 bushy dry flies!

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Olallie State Park has tons of small fish that are easy to catch.

Edit: Forgot how big of an area it covers. If the water is low enough, you can get in at the bridge and fish all the way up to the ranger station. If the water is higher, jumping in around the ranger station is an easy access point. I wouldn’t bother fishing the long area below the falls; the wading sucks and it’s pretty barren anyway.

Last edited:
Well, I made it up Wednesday afternoon and fished and explored an area that was recommended without any luck. The area I was in was really riffley with a distinct lack of buckets, just lots of skinny water. I did get into a bunch of really small fish that were attacking my dry but I think they were too small to get it in their mouths. I managed to fling one about 30 feet downstream on the hookset, luckily he landed in the river. He'll have a story to tell. I saw some butterfly's doing wierd butterfly stuff.

0621231742a.jpg

And caught a stinky garder snake

0621231851b.jpg

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and DMs, I've got some more places to check out if I ever make it back up there.